Neanderthal Admixture

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Cognito

Speciation

Post by Cognito »

No one, and I mean zip nada no one has proved to me that Hominids developed along separate, species specific lines. I would argue that we are all subspecies.
Exactly.

H. sapiens erectus
H. sapiens neanderthalis
H. sapiens sapiens

The "sapiens" taxonomy gives each species the ability to think (OMG). After all, if H erectus could make seafaring boats/rafts, then he was capable of thinking about the future. If the future, then the past. If those, then self-reflection at some point. 8)

Subspecies intermixing explains much more of what we obseve than the alternative. The only argument to the contrary appears to be based on emotion and/or sexual revulsion. However, I must point out that even Aunt Nellie enjoyed herself! :D
... she spent the rest of her life with a permanent grin slapped across her face.
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

I think sexual revulsion is primarily engineered by social conditioning.

After all, in the story Beauty and the Beast, one would expect the Beast to fall for the Beauty - but don't forget, the Beauty also fell for the Beast.

john

Re: Speciation

Post by john »

Cognito wrote:
No one, and I mean zip nada no one has proved to me that Hominids developed along separate, species specific lines. I would argue that we are all subspecies.
Exactly.

H. sapiens erectus
H. sapiens neanderthalis
H. sapiens sapiens

The "sapiens" taxonomy gives each species the ability to think (OMG). After all, if H erectus could make seafaring boats/rafts, then he was capable of thinking about the future. If the future, then the past. If those, then self-reflection at some point. 8)

Subspecies intermixing explains much more of what we obseve than the alternative. The only argument to the contrary appears to be based on emotion and/or sexual revulsion. However, I must point out that even Aunt Nellie enjoyed herself! :D
... she spent the rest of her life with a permanent grin slapped across her face.

Cognito -

Das Klub will presently burn you at the stake for that one,

And advertise it.

Been nice knowing you...............

hoka hey

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Cognito

Das Klub

Post by Cognito »

Das Klub will presently burn you at the stake for that one,

And advertise it.
John, they have already had plenty of opportunities to do so, but I am still here peeking out from behind the likes of Wolpoff and Trinkaus. :shock:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

After all, in the story Beauty and the Beast, one would expect the Beast to fall for the Beauty - but don't forget, the Beauty also fell for the Beast.

Depends on the size of the Beast's bank account in the modern world!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Minimalist wrote:

Depends on the size of the Beast's bank account in the modern world!
Hmmm. ... I think I disagree...I think that was the case before, but never in remembered history has a woman had the economic freedom that she does now. So she doesn't have to choose her partner by the size of his wallet and can go by more important criteria.

Cognito

Choices

Post by Cognito »

So she doesn't have to choose her partner by the size of his wallet and can go by more important criteria.
Alright then, the size of his ...? :D
Ishtar

Re: Choices

Post by Ishtar »

Cognito wrote:
So she doesn't have to choose her partner by the size of his wallet and can go by more important criteria.
Alright then, the size of his ...? :D

Yes ... his feet, Cogs! :D
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm sure this guy has 'big feet.'

Probably designed a killer video game and drives a Ferrari.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin