Dr. Robert Cargill rips

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Dr. Robert Cargill rips

Post by Minimalist »

Simcha Jacobovici a new asshole for his Nails of the Cross special.

http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/simcha358005.shtml
Every point of Simcha Jacobovici’s theory is wholly unsustainable. Scholars are uncertain whether or not the tomb is the tomb of Caiaphas, or even if the High Priest is actually buried there; they are only certain that it is the family tomb of a family named קפא (“Qafa” or “Qofa” or “Qayafa”). There is no evidence whatsoever that the unprovenanced nails Simcha holds in the documentary originate from the Caiaphas family tomb, and testimony from the tomb’s excavator flatly state they did not. Even if the nails had originated from the tomb, Simcha must explain why one nail was discovered inside an ossuary with only women and children in it, while the other was found on the floor. The nails are too small to have been used in crucifixion. There is no way Caiaphas could have retrieved the nails had he wanted to, nor does there exist any motive for his wanting to retrieve the unclean items. A sectarian apologetic book written six centuries after the fact, preserved only in Arabic, and containing fantastic apocryphal legends about Jesus’ childhood cannot be considered credible evidence of Caiaphas’ sympathy for Christ – a fact that would have certainly seized upon by early Christian authors had it been so.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Re: Dr. Robert Cargill rips

Post by kbs2244 »

I consider myself a Christian.
And I have to agree with him.

Caiaphas may, or may not, have had after the fact misgivings.
But I strongly doubt he was buried with evidence of them.

It smells of headline hunting.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Jacobovici has also a long history of making stuff up.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
popelane24

Post by popelane24 »

Ah yes, Simcha - love how he progresses in his dcumentaries like this: "If.... then..... maybe.... THEREFORE!" LOL.

I love the guy (Jacobovici), but Im learning he is no archaeologist, brilliant guy, great ideas sometimes, but I have found he can be quite misleading.

-L.P.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That is about as succinct as I've ever seen anyone put it, pope.

-- George Carlin