FIRE!!!!

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

FIRE!!!!

Post by Minimalist »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 162548.htm
ScienceDaily (Apr. 2, 2012) — An international team led by the University of Toronto and Hebrew University has identified the earliest known evidence of the use of fire by human ancestors. Microscopic traces of wood ash, alongside animal bones and stone tools, were found in a layer dated to one million years ago at the Wonderwerk Cave in South Africa.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Re: FIRE!!!!

Post by Digit »

I suspect that the history of fire use will extend further back than that as well, much further.
I note they state 'fire use', no suggestion of fire starting, once man scavanged the fire line of a bush fire for cooked meat then fire use was inevitable I think.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt