Black Death Asteroid

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

uniface

Black Death Asteroid

Post by uniface »

This is going to keep coming back around -- I suspect -- until people finally admit that the survivors' accounts of the correlations between events in the skies & pestilence on the ground are finally acknowledged to have been right all along.

Written in a sensationalist tone but not therefore any less potentially substantive.
The devastating Black Death which killed hundreds of millions of people in the 14th century may have been triggered by an asteroid impact.

The shocking revelation threatens to debunk one of the biggest chunks of British history and turn the world of science and academia on its head. And experts warn another collision with Earth could happen "at any moment" sparking an outbreak of disease capable of wiping out entire populations.

The Apophis asteroid will pass the planet on in April 2029 and possibly again ten years later when a collision could occur.

Professor Wickramasinghe said: "If as it passed the earth it happens to pass through a certain narrow window in space then in 2036 it will return and hit the Earth.

"This narrow window is a point where the earth's gravity would deflect the orbit of Apophis just enough to ensure an impact in 2036.

"If Apophis hits the Earth the impact will be in the 3000-megaton class, it is entirely reasonable to state that such an impact would collapse our current civilisation and return the survivors, metaphorically speaking, to the Dark Ages.

"Baillie has the scientific evidence to support his theory and his evidence supports what the people of the time were saying: earthquakes, comets, rains of death and fire, corrupted atmosphere, and death on a scale that is almost unimaginable
."

Professor Baille, author of the book 'New Light on The Black Death' added: "Something happened to change the atmosphere and the environment and killed a lot of people.
http://www.sott.net/article/294177-Blac ... ist-claims
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Black Death Asteroid

Post by Minimalist »

His book, Exodus to Arthur: Catastrophic Encounters with Comets (Batsford, 1999), relates the findings of his tree-ring studies to a series of global environmental traumas over the past 4400 years that may mark events such as the biblical Exodus, the disasters which befell Egypt, collapses of Chinese dynasties, and the onset of the European Dark Ages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Baillie

He sounds like a kook, uni.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Serious question : Did you ever read Velikovsky's correlation of celestial events with pestilences ca. 0-600AD with an open mind ?

Every model of reality that contradicts a prevailing assumption is "crazy" until it finally turns out to have been pretty much obvious all along. Case in point, Continental Drift.

"Science advances one funeral at a time"
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Minimalist wrote:
His book, Exodus to Arthur: Catastrophic Encounters with Comets (Batsford, 1999), relates the findings of his tree-ring studies to a series of global environmental traumas over the past 4400 years that may mark events such as the biblical Exodus, the disasters which befell Egypt, collapses of Chinese dynasties, and the onset of the European Dark Ages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Baillie

He sounds like a kook, uni.
Hi min -

Actually Baillie found climatic downturns in the tree ring record which could not be accounted for by volcanic eruptions,
and was forced by the tree ring data to consider cometary dust loading.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

uniface wrote:Serious question : Did you ever read Velikovsky's correlation of celestial events with pestilences ca. 0-600AD with an open mind ?

Every model of reality that contradicts a prevailing assumption is "crazy" until it finally turns out to have been pretty much obvious all along. Case in point, Continental Drift.

"Science advances one funeral at a time"
I never read Velikovsky.

My interest is in gaining a hard estimate of the impact hazard.

If anyone has any interest in Velikovsky's "works', I send them to Leroy Ellenberger.

It is widely estimated by those who work in the field that it is highly likely that many funerals will occur before the science of cosmic impacts advances.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Serious question : Did you ever read Velikovsky's correlation of celestial events with pestilences ca. 0-600AD with an open mind ?
Does that mean so that your brain falls out?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

What discussion forum gives a chair on stage & a microphone to someone who has not only never read the material being discussed, but laughs at the idea that being informed should be a prerequisite ? (Outside of politics and corporate "public opinion creation").
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

The use of the open /closed mind comment is a waste of time and adds nothing to any argument .
There is always an equally vacuous response ,in this case "were you so close minded not to read /understand the criticisms ?"
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

uniface wrote:What discussion forum gives a chair on stage & a microphone to someone who has not only never read the material being discussed, but laughs at the idea that being informed should be a prerequisite ? (Outside of politics and corporate "public opinion creation").

So every horse's ass with a book must be afforded "respect" no matter how ludicrous their claims are?

Why are you not a Scientologist then?

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

Attempting to change the subject. 15 yards and loss of down.

You continue to not "get it" that your emotional/social attitude toward someone has NO BEARING on whether he might be saying something potentially valuable (information).

All you get by denying a hearing to "the best authorities" is lockstep groupthink.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'll hear anyone out who does not insist that fucking "Venus" was a comet that showed up 3,500 years ago.

Velikovsky is a charlatan. He's about the same as Sitchin and Von Daniken and that jerk with the hair on Ancient Aliens. Con men out to make a buck from gullible fools.

P.S. - you didn't answer the question. Why aren't you a scientologist? Hubbard wrote lots of books. You should be very impressed.

-- George Carlin
uniface

Post by uniface »

The fact that you do not like either the ideas involved or the people who advocate them has no bearing whatsoever on them.

You continually treat us to your personal opinions as if these were somehow or other reasoned responses.

Very female, that "thinking" pattern.

But IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. :wink:

And another 15 yards and loss of down for attempts to divert the discussion with a red herring.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm not the one who declared Velikovsky a fucking crackpot.

However, they make a good case.

Him..and you...do not. Deal with it. How much did scientology hit you up for?

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

uniface wrote:The fact that you do not like either the ideas involved or the people who advocate them has no bearing whatsoever on them.

You continually treat us to your personal opinions as if these were somehow or other reasoned responses.

Very female, that "thinking" pattern.

But IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. :wink:

And another 15 yards and loss of down for attempts to divert the discussion with a red herring.
Good job uni...

Your misogynistic drivel compliments your white supremacist ethos quite well.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
uniface

Post by uniface »

I've been happily married for 26 years now, and know whereof I speak. I.e., from experience.

During which time I've had innumerable opportunities to observe that the ideologues exhorting me to "embrace diversity" are always, at the same time, trying to impose uniformity.

Their uniformity.

A live-and-let-live racist/sexist-&c. is better company than a Bolshevik out to impose her agenda on everyone around her.

And a LOT more likely to help you if you ever need it (be neighborly).

IMO. :D
Last edited by uniface on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.