Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Tiompan

Re: Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by Tiompan »

Yet another data free and non response to the multiple problems and errors . At least there was no dreamt up nonsense for a change but there was another fine self contradictory comment .
"After I have figured out what the most likely alignments are,I'll start to distribute that information."
When only a couple of days ago you admitted " I can no longer do ancient alignments"
You were obviously closer with the earlier comment as yet another errorful comments highlight.
“If you bothers to notice, the alignments were to Comet Giacobini Zimmer. “ ,which showed that you did'n't know what direction to look in and don't have a clue about what part of the sky where the comet is observed and even what might might constitute an alignment .
Do you not realise that the bile and ignorance is so obvious to anyone reading this ? , and it simply gets worse the more you attempt to wriggle out of the errors .
Guaranteed what ever your response will be , it will not cover the erorrs or admit to them and the content will simply be more bile and non sequitors .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Tiompan wrote: Yet another data free and non response to the multiple problems and errors . At least there was no dreamt up nonsense for a change but there was another fine self contradictory comment .
"After I have figured out what the most likely alignments are,I'll start to distribute that information."
When only a couple of days ago you admitted " I can no longer do ancient alignments"
You were obviously closer with the earlier comment as yet another errorful comments highlight.
“If you bothers to notice, the alignments were to Comet Giacobini Zimmer. “ ,which showed that you did'n't know what direction to look in and don't have a clue about what part of the sky where the comet is observed and even what might might constitute an alignment .
Do you not realise that the bile and ignorance is so obvious to anyone reading this ? , and it simply gets worse the more you attempt to wriggle out of the errors .
Guaranteed what ever your response will be , it will not cover the erorrs or admit to them and the content will simply be more bile and non sequitors .
I see your reading comprehension skills match your knowledge of astronomy, DOLT.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Exactly as predicted i.e. "Guaranteed what ever your response will be , it will not cover the erorrs or admit to them and the content will simply be more bile and non sequitors ."
Yet another data , quote and failure to address highllighted problems free , waste of space and time , that we are all inured to . You are at least learning learning to omit the embarrassing attempts at
comments on anything related to the subject ,they only get quoted and shown to be in error ,but they did at least provide some element of humour .
circumspice

Re: Andrew Collins on Gobekli Tepe sister site

Post by circumspice »

Is any of this necessary? The flame fest fizzled out long ago. All I see is repetitious verbal posturing. (with an astonishing amount of spelling errors for purportedly educated adults...) How about having pity on your captive audience, call it a draw & stfu. Deal? :P
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

I have already commented on the how boring this has turned out for anyone who bothers to read it . However there is data to be found ,if you can't be bothered to read it and respond to it meaningfully , then you you are also adding to the waste of space and time .
Further, if you had read the content ,when there is content , you wouldn't be suggesting a draw . That attitude only encourages those in error to keep replying with no content in the hope that the outcome will be seen as a "draw" .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

circumspice wrote:Is any of this necessary? The flame fest fizzled out long ago. All I see is repetitious verbal posturing. (with an astonishing amount of spelling errors for purportedly educated adults...) How about having pity on your captive audience, call it a draw & stfu. Deal? :P
Hi circumspice -

I've found Collins ethnographic work to be pretty damn good in his earlier books.
I already clearly stated some major points where I differ from him.

I have now seen some of Collins' work in the Americas, and it is pretty bad, about on the same level as the really incompetent a-holes associated with the Ohio Historical Society and the nu age loons.

Myself and Fletcher Wilson (one of Ohio's leading naked eye astronomers) know "Hopewell" (Shawnee and Cherokee) astronomical practices pretty well (at least the local cultural officer for the CNO thinks so), and we know Andena (Andaste) astronomy as well as anyone does.

Jenkins is not a reliable expert on the Maya. Schele was, along with a few others. I will check Collins claims about the significance of the rift in the Milky Way against their works. You have to keep in mind that there is no agreement on the Maya constellations, and very little work has been done on their cometary astronomy.

That said, Collins attempts to retrieve earlier "magical" belief systems of the Harran area from their descendents is pretty good.

George can not handle the Holocene Start Impact Event, nor an advanced hominid population evolving on the shores of the ancient Black Sea.

For that matter he can not handle Canadian Maritime Archaic, nor X mt DNA, nor the "tall" human remains which have been excavated here in the States.

When you're working at a depth of 15,000 BCE and far earlier, you have to read a lot of crap to get to the data.

And you have to deal with a lot of incompetent a-holes. And DOLTS.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

EP ,
What you cannot handle is providing quotes and data . Canadian maritime archaic etc . have never been mentioned by me ,they are nothing to do with the subject of this thread and are yet more attempts at evading the issues that have been noted here . Do as I do , quote then refute , not evade ,failure to do so is the behaviour of those way below the level of a dolt .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

:roll: *sigh*

At least you guys cleaned up the spelling... Good job!
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

At least you kept the lack of content to a minimum .
Is misspelling /typos /failure to use a spell checker any worse than unnecessary bold formatting , particularly when there has being nothing of substance added to the thread ?
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Eric Clines' critique:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakil ... -the-gods/

"Andrew Collins’ book Göbekli Tepe: Genesis of the Gods, reviewed by archaeologist Eric Cline, deals with the Neolithic site in Turkey that Collins tries to connect to the biblical Garden of Eden by treating the Bible as incontrovertible fact."

That would be a change for Collins, as he never did that before.

"And archaeologist Benjamin Auerbach reviews The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America: The Missing Skeletons and the Great Smithsonian Cover-Up by Richard Dewhurst, who uses old newspaper articles to claim that not only were the skeletons of giants found in the U.S., but that the most well-known science museum in the country tried to hide the evidence. Auerbach points out that he personally has studied many of the skeletons Dewhurst mentions and “none had statures over six feet.”

On a personal note, while Ross Hamilton is about as loopy as they come, interpreting Native American sites using India Indian constellations, etc., all of these nu age guys are simply stealing from his work long standing work on Hrdicka and the "giants".

Dragoo and Neuman were surprised at the stature of the skeletons they excavated, as was Fowkes, and currently Beck's excavation revealed very tall skeletons along the Susquehanna River.

The full set of reviews may be found here:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/s ... 3/art00013

Of course, you can save yourself the trouble and read my guide to the theosophist cult archaeology industry instead:

http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcast ... rt%201.pdf
http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcast ... rt%202.pdf
http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcast ... rt%203.pdf

Be sure to grab copies of these and share them with your colleagues as quickly as your can.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Eric Clines' critique:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakil ... -the-gods/

"Andrew Collins’ book Göbekli Tepe: Genesis of the Gods, reviewed by archaeologist Eric Cline, deals with the Neolithic site in Turkey that Collins tries to connect to the biblical Garden of Eden by treating the Bible as incontrovertible fact."

That would be a change for Collins, as he never did that before.
Not that his nonsense matters ,but he certainly connects GT with the biblical Garden of Eden .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

The Battle Between the Gods and the Titans by Wtewael Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago

"Zeus grew up on the island of Crete. After he became a young man, he obtained a potion that induced vomiting from a female Titan named Metis. Zeus had his mother Rhea arrange for him to become his father Cronos’s cupbearer. Zeus slipped the potion into a drink causing Cronos to spit up his brothers and sisters.

The five siblings were so grateful for the rescue that they wanted Zeus to become the leader of the Olympians. Cronos feared the rising power of Zeus, and he tried to rally the Titans to join him to defeat Zeus and his siblings. Cronos was not able to get the Titan women to join him. Two of the Titan men, Prometheus and Epimetheus, actually joined the Olympians (under Zeus) against their fellow Titans. The rest of the Titan men chose Atlas to lead the battle against the Olympians.

For ten years the Titans and the Olympians fought, with neither side able to gain a lasting advantage. Gaia advised Zeus to free the Cyclopes and the hundred headed Giants from Tartarus (a place in the underworld) and persuade them to join his side. Zeus went down to Tartarus, killed the monster which guarded the prisoners, and released them.

In return for their freedom, the Cyclopes and the Giants became allies with Zeus tipping the scale of power to the Olympians. The Cyclopes gave Zeus the power over thunder and lightning. Then they gave the helm of darkness to Hades, and to Poseidon they gave a trident (three-pronged spear).

Hades used the helm of darkness to steal away Cronus’ weapons, and Poseidon came at Cronos with the trident. The distraction allowed Zeus to strike with lightning, and he downed Cronus.

With the defeat of Cronus and the added power of the Cyclopes and Giants, the Olympians were able to defeat the Titans. The Titans who participated in the war were imprisoned in Tartarus.

Atlas was given a special punishment for his role in the war. He was required to hold up the sky.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hesiod:

"Then Zeus no longer held back his might;
but straight his heart was filled with fury
and he showed forth all his strength.

From Heaven and from Olympus he came forthwith,
hurling his lightning:
the bold flew thick and fast from his strong hand together with thunder and lightning,
whirling an awesome flame.

The life-giving earth crashed around in burning,
and the vast wood crackled loud with fire all about.
All the land seethed, and Ocean's streams and the unfruitful sea.

The hot vapour lapped round the earthborn Titans:
flame unspeakable rose to the bright upper air:
the flashing glare of the thunder- stone and lightning blinded their eyes
for all that there were strong.
Astounding heat seized Chaos:
and to see with eyes and to hear the sound with ears
it seemed even as if Earth and wide Heaven above came together;
for such a mighty crash would have arisen
if Earth were being hurled to ruin,
and Heaven from on high were hurling her down;
so great a crash was there while the gods were meeting together in strife.
Also the winds brought rumbling earthquake and dust storm,
thunder and lightning and the lurid thunderbolt,
which are the shafts of great Zeus,
and carried the clangour and the warcry into the midst of the two hosts.

An horrible uproar of terrible strife arose:
mighty deeds were shown and the battle inclined.
But until then, they kept at one another and fought continually in cruel war."

This sounds like an impact airburst to me.
Last edited by E.P. Grondine on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants_%2 ... thology%29

"In Greek mythology, the Giants or Gigantes (Greek: Γίγαντες, Gigantes, singular Gigas [KE-KE/-me-na] ) were a race of great strength and aggression, though not necessarily of great size, known for the Gigantomachy (Gigantomachia), their battle with the Olympian gods. According to Hesiod, the Giants were the offspring of Gaia (Earth), born from the blood that fell when Uranus (Sky) was castrated by their Titan son Cronus.

"Confusion with Titans and others

Though distinct in early traditions,[19] Hellenistic and later writers often confused or conflated the Giants and their Gigantomachy, with an earlier set of offspring of Gaia and Uranus, the Titans and their war with the Olympian gods, the Titanomachy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28mythology%29

[min, working through the Bible is easy compared to working through classic Greek mythology.
Thus classic Greek mythology can easily be used by the nu age nuts, for example see:
http://www.halexandria.org/dward377.htm]

http://www.maicar.com/GML/TITANS.html -

"The TITANS ruled the world, having dethroned their father Uranus, the first ruler of the universe. It was their mother Gaia who persuaded them to attack their father and overthrow him. This she did because she grieved at the destruction of her children, the CYCLOPES and the HECATONCHEIRES, whom Uranus had been cast into Tartarus. The Titan Cronos then ambushed his father and castrated him with a sickle, being himself appointed by the TITANS to be their sovereign. However, once in power, Cronos behaved like his father, and again shut the CYCLOPES and the HECATONCHEIRES up in Tartarus.

And since both Gaia and Uranus foretold to Cronos that he would be dethroned by his own son, he decided to swallow his children as they were born. But Zeus escaped this fate, and leading the OLYMPIANS, he waged war against the TITANS, taking the CYCLOPES and the HECATONCHEIRES, whom he had liberated, as allies. This is how Cronos was dethroned and shut up in Tartarus along with the other TITANS. But later Zeus gave them their freedom again."

"Tartarus" is likely related to "Tartessos", i.l. Spain and Portugal, i.l. the Iberian Peninsula.
It is highly likely that many of the early gods and goddesses refer to city states ie Helios = Ilios = Wilusa.
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

All eight individuals from Atapuerca displayed unique haplotypes (Figure 1B, Table S2, Table
S4). The most abundant haplogroup, U5, was found in three temporally non-overlapping
individuals. Two belonged to subtypes of U5b (U5b3 and U5b1b) and one belonged to U5a
(U5a1c). Note that the U5b1b individual (ATP9) have the T6189C back-mutation but display
the ancestral state for G12618A.

Two individuals belonged to H3. They were dated to within the same time-frame but were not maternally related as one of them carried a T to C transition at np 12957 classifying it to H3c.

The remaining three individuals belonged to the haplogroups J, K and X (J1c1b1, K1a2b and X2c).

X mt DNA showing up again, but this time in coastal Europe, and not North America.