Arboreal phase near Gobekli Tepe

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Tiompan

Re: Arboreal phase near Gobekli Tepe

Post by Tiompan »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Tiompan, spice -

May I suggest that you visit the nice museum at Poverty Point and get back to me on their foods?

At it's most obvious look at these links .
https://www.crt.state.la.us/dataproject ... IS/ppt.htm .
"People living at the regional center relied on hunting, fishing, and plant collecting to supply their food, just as Meso-Indians had. They gathered pecans, acorns, hickory nuts, persimmons, seeds of wild grasses, and other wild plant foods. Animals they ate included deer, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, muskrats, ducks, geese, turkeys, turtles, catfish, gar, bowfin, and bass."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_Point
"The food sources of the people at Poverty Point came from the local animals and plant life in the region. The Poverty Point people’s food was acquired through: fishing, gathering, and hunting. Poverty Point subsistence was broad-based due to the different seasonal foods that were available. Their diet would have consisted of large mammals like deer, small mammals like rabbits, various fish and turtles, mollusks, nuts, fruits, berries, and aquatic roots.[33] They cooked food in hearths and pits that likely acted as earth ovens, some of which had plastered walls.[34] Firewood was chosen carefully, with specific trees being used, namely oak and to a lesser degree hickory and cane, which archaeologist Jon L. Gibson believed was due to the fact that oak and hickory add a specific savoury flavour to food. "People living at the regional center relied on hunting, fishing, and plant collecting to supply their food, just as Meso-Indians had. They gathered pecans, acorns, hickory nuts, persimmons, seeds of wild grasses, and other wild plant foods. Animals they ate included deer, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, muskrats, ducks, geese, turkeys, turtles, catfish, gar, bowfin, and bass. "
Nuts are just one of the components of the diet . You would have misunderstood the info at the museum if you believe otherwise .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Yes, the abundant food sources led to "sedentary" lifetyle in the area.
All of those animal food sources were there for a long time.

But again, it was the increase in the use of nuts that really led to better nutrition.
Further you had nut groves and fruit orchards, with selective species management.
And those technologies spread over a wide trade area.
I am quite happy to live with the data as it is recovered.

One of the most important technologies was a fast way of preparing a milk for breakfast from hickory nuts.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Another change of tune .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Tiompan wrote:Another change of tune .
I call it an "arboreal phase".
But then I call stones or wooden posts set in astronomical alignmetn "henges".
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Yes , you often get it wrong , evade , waffle etc .
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:
Tiompan wrote:Another change of tune .
I call it an "arboreal phase".
But then I call stones or wooden posts set in astronomical alignmetn "henges".

If we use the standard definition of the term arboreal, it would seem that you are claiming that the people who built Gobekli Tepe lived in trees... Um... I think not... Unless you've also redefined the word arboreal like you redefined the word Henge...

According to Merriam Webster:

Definition of arboreal
1 : of, relating to, or resembling a tree
2 : inhabiting or frequenting trees (arboreal monkeys)

So EP... Do we have tree dwelling hunter gatherers living at Gobekli Tepe?
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Yes, the abundant food sources led to "sedentary" lifetyle in the area.
All of those animal food sources were there for a long time.

But again, it was the increase in the use of nuts that really led to better nutrition.
Further you had nut groves and fruit orchards, with selective species management.
And those technologies spread over a wide trade area.
I am quite happy to live with the data as it is recovered.

One of the most important technologies was a fast way of preparing a milk for breakfast from hickory nuts.

Wow... Really??? :shock: It boggles the mind. What else will you attribute to ancient people? What other New Age, Mystic Crystal Revelations will you share with us next??? :shock:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

From the great book

"Creation Myths and Legends of the Creek Indians"
by Bill Grantham.

Choctaw: Choctaw Creation (Cho1)
Gatschet 1884:106–7
Gatschet reports the following from the Missionary Herald, Boston, 1828.
1 When the earth was a level plain in the condition of a
quagmire, a superior being, in appearance a red man, came
down from above, and alighting near the centre of the
Choctaw nation, threw up a large mound or hill, called
Nanne Wayah, stooping or sloping hill. Then he caused
the red people to come out of it, and when he supposed
that a sufficient number had come out, he stamped on the
ground with his foot. When this signal of his power was
given, some were partly formed, others were just raising
10 their heads about the mud, emerging into light, and
struggling into life . . . Thus seated on the area of the
their hill, they were told by their Creator they should
live forever. But they did not seem to understand what
he had told them; therefore he took away from them the
grant of immortality, and made them subject to death.
The earth then indurated, the hills were formed by the
agitation of the waters and winds on the soft mud.

The Creator then told the people that the earth would bring
forth the chestnut, hickory nut and acorn;
it is likely that maize was discovered, but long afterward, by crow.

Men began to cover themselves by the long moss (abundant
in southern climates), which they tied around their
waists; then were invented bow and arrows, and the skins
of the game used for clothing
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

What next ?
Hickory Dickory Dock , an insight into the Devonian calendar ?
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Tiompan -

Collins new book has been published:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A7YKTN/olmec-a ... A7YKTN.jpg

Any complaints with it, take it up with him.

You know my own views on Gobekli Tepe.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

E.P. Grondine wrote:Tiompan -

Collins new book has been published:

Any complaints with it, take it up with him.

You know my own views on Gobekli Tepe.

So now you're promoting that nitwit's books EP?

By the way, both of the links you posted are identical to each other & identical to the pic you posted in the other thread. Do we really need to see the same photo three times?

E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

Hi s[ice -

sorry about that:

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/revie ... ins-part-1
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/revie ... ins-part-2

While I disagree with Collins, his background is a Christian boy who was interested in angels,
not a theosophist con artist, the usual kind Colavito deals with.

I do not use the term "Denisovians" to refer to the robust Homo Erectus who left Africa.
And I doubt if his Cygnus hypothesis is correct.
But because of Collins work on the Sabians, I will have to read his book sometime.

You need to understand that I am facing people creating an imaginary tribe who they call the "Moundbuilders",
people putting "Nephilim" in North America,
people who deny that any Native Americans were tall and large,
and finally some crank demanding that I use the definition of "henge" as defined by English antiquarians.

Then we have the people who just can not accept recent come and asteroid impacts.

And then there are the people ho want to spend $billions to fly a few men to Mars RIGHT NOW.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Your inability to understand the simplest of English continually creates problem for you EP , the more you whine the more pathetic it becomes .
There is a world wide community who use the term henge , the use is based on the dictionary definition not some misconceived error from the 1960's .
E.P. Grondine

Post by E.P. Grondine »

And it is very pathetic how you attempt to avoid 2 cometary impacts at the start of the Holocene by dithering about the definition of the word "henge".

Just to make this clear, tiompan, you are only one of the many nuts I have to deal with.
Place yourself in the list given above, and you'll find you are a minor annoyance.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Your behaviour , ignorance ,failure to provide to supporting evidence for your fantasies and resort to ad hominens puts you in the a class of we are well used to EP.
Simply provide the quotes where I have made any errors re. cometary impacts , as I do for your constant and continuing errors , then it should be relatively easy to refute them .
As ever ,breath won't be held , all we will get will be more bluster and nonsense , making you look even more ridiculous .