Huge Hiiden Cavity Discovered Within Great Pyramid

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

shawomet

Huge Hiiden Cavity Discovered Within Great Pyramid

Post by shawomet »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... id-of-giza

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... y-science/

“This is definitely the discovery of the century,” says archaeologist and Egyptologist Yukinori Kawae, a National Geographic Emerging Explorer. “There have been many hypotheses about the pyramid, but no one even imagined that such a big void is located above the Grand Gallery.”
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Huge Hiiden Cavity Discovered Within Great Pyramid

Post by Minimalist »

They'll have to figure out a way to get a camera to it.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Minimalist wrote:They'll have to figure out a way to get a camera to it.
After what those German idiots did, I think the Egyptian Antiquities Authority will be really touchy about who will be allowed to do anything concerning any ancient monument in Egypt...
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

There was a version of the story on the BBC which showed the "anomaly" on a screen and they had superimposed the other chambers. Thus, the question which popped into my mind was, if what they detected was a "void" why did not the Kings and Queens chambers and the Grand Gallery also show up as voids depicted in the same manner?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

I had much the same thought. I wonder if the supposed void is actually an area that has stone of lesser density? Or perhaps even a cavity that was filled with a less dense stone rubble to ensure that the Grand Gallery wouldn't collapse under the weight of the masonry above it? Will we ever really know for sure?
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Ernie L

Post by Ernie L »

I hope it's not another "king TuT" cavity.
Regards Ernie
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

"why did not the Kings and Queens chambers and the Grand Gallery also show up as voids depicted in the same manner?"

I belive they did, and ere used as "proof statements" of the new void.
They were edited out of the released PICs to avoid confusing the headline only readers.

The Guardian story PICs show them in relationship to the new void.
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Waffle about Mu has gone so quiet I had forgotten about it .

Some other views .
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinaki ... 5d70d9af9e
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... iscov.aspx
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Classic headline envy
Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Or, a caution against classic unseasoned headline enthrallment .
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

The use of the word "hidden" always puts one on guard. If there is a void it is surely a sign that Egyptian building contractors were every bit as dishonest as their descendants (particularly plumbers), claiming for work not actually done, but well disguised.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Egyptian plumbers ??
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Ancient Egyptians were very experienced in fluid mechanics. They were accomplished canal builders. They had to be because every time they began a monumental building project, they built canals to facilitate bringing in the materials needed for the project. They knew it would be easier to move the material via the Nile River versus an overland route. The Nile was their main thoroughfare, their super highway. Why wouldn't they also have some experience with basic plumbing? They used canals, ditches & ponds to capture & segregate some of the annual flood waters for use later in the year. The ancient Egyptians might have invented the shadoof/shaduf although that is not a certainty.

MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

This cosmic ray theory was floated last year around August or October. I didn't see anything really new here.
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

No argument that the Egyptians knew how to build shipping scale canals, etc.
But I would consider that civil engineering not plumbing.

In my opinion plumbing is a smaller scale, more human need scale thing.
Domestic water supply, after the fountain and sanitation or waste removal type things.

I do not know how the Egyptians handled sewage (if they did) but I do know the city if Babylon had a underground, pressurized, water supply system and a sewer system that went to private homes as well as public privy’s.

That I would consider plumbing.