Druids

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Simon21

Re: Druids

Post by Simon21 »

Diviacus wrote:
Simon21 wrote:At the launch of her book Sacred Britania - religion in Britain during the Roman empire author Miranda Aldhouse-Green asserted that there was still no archaeological evidence for the existence of Druids - no mass grave on Anglesey, no golden sickles
I think that there are only one or two graves that may have been those of druids, and no golden sickle in them :(
However, we know there were druids in Anglesey, but no evidence they were wiped out there.
Except the testimony of Tacitus, Agricola's son-in-law, who says that they were.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Druids

Post by Minimalist »

Simon21 wrote:
Diviacus wrote:
Simon21 wrote:At the launch of her book Sacred Britania - religion in Britain during the Roman empire author Miranda Aldhouse-Green asserted that there was still no archaeological evidence for the existence of Druids - no mass grave on Anglesey, no golden sickles
I think that there are only one or two graves that may have been those of druids, and no golden sickle in them :(
However, we know there were druids in Anglesey, but no evidence they were wiped out there.
Except the testimony of Tacitus, Agricola's son-in-law, who says that they were.

<mod hat on>

Circ noted that Simon21's last post was showing up on the index but not on the board. I went in to check and it was true. However, it did show up on my list so I have quoted it and posted it here. Please let us know if a post of yours does not show up after you submit it.

<mod hat off>
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin