Intact Fifth Dynasty Tomb Found

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Intact Fifth Dynasty Tomb Found

Post by Minimalist »

or, so they claim.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/egypt- ... cts-finds/
Egypt unveils ‘one of a kind’ ancient tomb, expects more finds
The tomb was found in a buried ridge at the ancient necropolis of Saqqara. It was untouched and unlooted, Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, told reporters at the site. He described the find as “one of a kind in the last decades”.

The tomb dates from the rule of Neferirkare Kakai, the third king of the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Re: Intact Fifth Dynasty Tomb Found

Post by circumspice »

We probably won't have to wait very long for the reports to start filtering out because they want to rush the excavations, hoping to lure tourists back to Egypt... Finding an intact tomb, no matter what the social status of the interned person was, is really a big deal considering that even in antiquity it was pretty much a homegrown industry to loot tombs. I look forward to reading more about this in the near future.

Thanks min!
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Whoops. So much for bringing back the tourists!

https://nypost.com/2018/12/28/tourists- ... -pyramids/
Tourists killed when roadside bomb explodes near Giza pyramids

C'est la vie.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Damn...
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You know what is really amusing is that even in Palestine the one thing that the jews and arabs can agree on is the desirability of getting idiot xtian pilgrims to go there and have their wallets sucked dry. Somehow the Egyptians haven't figured that out.

Insh'allah, I suppose.

-- George Carlin