I Will Resist The Obvious Thread Title....

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

I Will Resist The Obvious Thread Title....

Post by Minimalist »

https://www.heritagedaily.com/2020/06/a ... ark/133795
Archaeologists Discover Viking Toilet in Denmark
Archaeologists excavating a settlement on the Stevns Peninsula in Denmark suggests they have discovered a toilet from the Viking Age.

Archaeologists from the Museum Southeast Denmark were conducting a study for pit houses, when they found a hole feature that they have identified as a toilet, possibly the oldest ever found in Denmark and bringing new revelations into the toilet habits of Vikings living in the countryside on the Peninsula.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Re: I Will Resist The Obvious Thread Title....

Post by Simon21 »

There is a rather frightening ghost story set in a Viking toilet, at first comical then less so. It concerns one of the men (dead) of Olaf Tryggvason and the last fight of the Long Serpent.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: I Will Resist The Obvious Thread Title....

Post by Minimalist »

Don't leave us hanging, Simon. Tell the story!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin