The Dig

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Simon21

The Dig

Post by Simon21 »

Well worth a viewing on Netflix. Examines the dig at Sutton Hoo. Again profiling the British class obsession. Not totally accurate in its details, apparently Mrs Pretty (a convinced spiritualist) authorised the Dig when one of her regular house guests reported seeing Anglo Saxon ghosts processing around Mound 1 as she was dressing for dinner. Apparently she saw them every time she came. The ghosts do not make it into the reports of course. Pity.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: The Dig

Post by Minimalist »

Thanks for the recommendation, Simon. I did spot that on Netflix but I was in a hurry. I'll check it out.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: The Dig

Post by Minimalist »

I did watch it, Simon. Definitely better than average. At least there were no exploding cars and only one plane crash off screen.

Well-acted, too.

Thanks.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin