Great Pyramid "Air Shafts"

The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Great Pyramid "Air Shafts"

Post by circumspice »

Hey Min, (or anyone else...) Are you able to find anything else on this "discovery"? It supposedly took place in 2020 & I haven't seen any articles on it except this one. Granted, Discover isn't exactly credible. It looks like they're trying to separate themselves from the alt/ancient Aliens crowd. 👇

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet ... -the-stars

Recent Exploration of the Pyramids

In 2020, researchers from Leeds University in the United Kingdom announced they had developed a small robot in an attempt to settle the shafts' purpose once and for all. The robot successfully navigated through all 200 feet (60 meters) of one shaft, collecting nine hours of video footage along the way.

But a surprise was waiting for them at the end of the tiny tunnel. The robot was able to get a camera past the intentionally placed stone blocking the shaft, allowing it to discover a small chamber with elaborate symbols drawn on the floor. But beyond that, there was a second stone the robot couldn't get around.

“Given the artwork, it is likely the shaft served a bigger purpose than act[ing] as an air vent,” Rob Richardson, a robotics professor at Leeds University and the project’s technical lead, said in the initial announcement of the discovery. “What lies beyond that second stone, at the end of the shaft, is a question that remains unanswered. The mystery of the Great Pyramid continues.”

"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Great Pyramid "Air Shafts"

Post by Minimalist »

I remember a robot being sent up the air shafts years ago.

It was the ancient equivalent of Al Capone's Vaults. Totally boring.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Yeah, they did do that years ago. It was just like the Geraldo Rivera show too... It didn't amount to much of anything. I think they found a few red mason's marks along the way & the terminal block that had bronze handles. Right?

Anyway, this was supposedly a new exploration with a much smaller robotic crawler, developed by the University of Leeds. I wonder why, if this is a genuine report, there wasn't a big hoopla in the news about the drawings on the floor of the shaft??? Too much otherwise more tangible news? (the many mummies discovered recently?)
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Dang! I don't know how I missed it... There is a link to the University of Leeds press release posted in the body of the Discover Magazine article... The press release did include one blurry photo of the 'drawings' on the floor. What they called elaborate symbols looks like the usual ubiquitous hieroglyphs that are painted or carved on about just about every available ancient surface in Egypt. It also looks like it's painted entirely in red which would make it mason marks or artist's marks that are used to delineate the scenes painted on walls & ceilings. They made a documentary film, which they linked in the press release & also put links for the entire 9 hours of raw video footage from the robot camera . (Sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry)

Here's the link to the press release:

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/45 ... vilisation

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You don't generate interest by saying "We Found Diddlysquat."

Over hyped.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

New inscriptions aren't exactly diddly squat Min. It seems to me that finding ancient Egyptian inscriptions in such an inaccessible place should be the death knell for Pyramidiots, Ancient Aliens fanboys, the Alt Pseudo Archaeology crowd & their ilk. They can't possibly say that someone forged those inscriptions in modern times in a place that is 8 inches square by 200 feet long... They said that about the inscriptions found in the relieving chambers in the Great Pyramid... I have no idea why all the naysayers so badly want to claim that ancient Egyptians couldn't have possibly built the pyramids at Giza. The recently discovery of Merer's logbook explicitly refers to Khufu as the builder of the Great Pyramid & specifically names Khufu's half brother as being the overseer of the building project. It's not a sensationalist document. It's a boring recitation of travel expenses, bill of lading logs, etc. Not exactly exciting stuff. Little by little, details that support the contention that ancient native Egyptians built the pyramids are coming to light. I bet that those recently found inscriptions are also boring as hell. Right now, the researchers at Leeds University are trying to drum up interest by claiming that the inscriptions are located in a small 'chamber' that was purpose built for ritual purposes. I'm excited about the new inscriptions but not for their reasons. I believe that they are simply mundane mason's marks. I bet that similar marks were made all over every ancient edifice ever built in Egypt. The marks were probably removed or covered up at completion or maybe even weathered off. The ones that are found are commonly in places protected from exposure.

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

They can't possibly say that someone forged those inscriptions in modern times in a place that is 8 inches square by 200 feet long...

They'll say that the "aliens" were the ones who taught the Egyptians hieroglyphics in the first place. Conspiracy nuts are amazingly inventive!

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

They can't possibly say that someone forged those inscriptions in modern times in a place that is 8 inches square by 200 feet long...

They'll say that the "aliens" were the ones who taught the Egyptians hieroglyphics in the first place. Conspiracy nuts are amazingly inventive!

-- George Carlin
Simon21

Post by Simon21 »

It is an interesting issue. It partly comes from the idea that apart from the Romans (and the Greeks) the only people who achieved anything in the world were white westerners. Whole books were written on Zimbabwe trying to identify who its mysterious builders must have been (phoenicians, israelites etc) - clearly no actual Africans can have been involved.