Body of Bigfoot FOUND!!!

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

clubs_stink

Body of Bigfoot FOUND!!!

Post by clubs_stink »

This should stir up the club!

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/Release

Here are some of the vital statistics on the "Bigfoot" body:

*The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.

*It weighs over five hundred pounds.

*The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.

*It is male.

*It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.

*It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and five toes on each foot.

*The feet are flat and similar to human feet.

*Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three-quarters inches wide at
the heel.

*From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are eleven and three-quarters inches
long and six and one-quarter inches wide.

*The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)

*The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.

*DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press
conference on Friday, August 15th.

Edited to add, SOME people claim it's a scam..guess we will have to wait until Sept. 1????????
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Fascinating!

Someone should tell Frank about this - if he doesn't already know.

The press launch is on Friday 15 August, which is my birthday - OK, I know it's not relevant, just thought I'd mention it in passing. :D
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Oh there are already people claiming it is an elaborate hoax, but it sure seems a bit stupid, if one ever wanted any sort of credibility, to set something like this up (big press thing on the 1st) then walk away laughing admitting it's a hoax. My jury is still out...will wait until the 1st before cheering or booing!
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Ok it's real for sure now...picked up by Faux news :D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402882,00.html
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Thing is, Tom Biscardi's unlikely to be putting his rep on the line for a hoax.
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

That's what I was thinking then I read all this other crap about him here:

http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

and then I got even more confused...is the club trying to dead agent Tom? Are the hoax concerns valid?

Head spinning.

BUT, I agree, usually hoaxes don't set concrete dates at fancy hotels for full disclosure.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Happy Birthday, Ish.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

No, it's Friday! You've got to say it on Friday!! :cry:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

At my age I may not remember by Friday.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Oh well ... I suppose premature congratulation is better than none at all.
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

More news stations venture coverage..

http://www.ktvu.com/news/17174989/detail.html

Happy ALMOST Birthday Ishtar..I have to say it now cause surely I WON'T remember to say it on Friday.

So, folks, IF this is the real McCoy, what does it mean for anthropology ad evolution? Opinions? (or do we save our discussion energy until after the big reveal *or not*???)
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Clubs, the fact that the media are covering this means absolutely nothing in terms of whether or not the bigfoot claim is credible.

This story is an absolute gift to an editor at the moment. We are in the middle of what's known as 'the silly season' - meaning with all the main movers and shakers who generate the news on holiday, the media will jump at anything to publish or broadcast, no matter how silly, to fill their gaping acres of white newsprint or news programmes.

So this is a classic silly season story, and so long as the media stays this side of reporting it as a possible hoax, they don't lose any credibility.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Ishtar wrote:Oh well ... I suppose premature congratulation is better than none at all.

That's what I tell my wife.

-- George Carlin
spacecase0

Post by spacecase0 »

the people that made this bigfoot discovery are jerks,
I would not trust them at all.
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

Ishtar wrote:Clubs, the fact that the media are covering this means absolutely nothing in terms of whether or not the bigfoot claim is credible.

This story is an absolute gift to an editor at the moment. We are in the middle of what's known as 'the silly season' - meaning with all the main movers and shakers who generate the news on holiday, the media will jump at anything to publish or broadcast, no matter how silly, to fill their gaping acres of white newsprint or news programmes.

So this is a classic silly season story, and so long as the media stays this side of reporting it as a possible hoax, they don't lose any credibility.
How true-I was just about to point this out.