Make up your minds?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: Make up your minds?

Post by Digit »

I seem to remember something like that, the whole episode I seem to recall was based around a cave in southern Africa and it seemed to suggest that this was the first time that water had been exploited. Which seemed to me to be total rubbish.
If man arose in east Africa he would have had access to fresh water, and even if he had not at that stage evolved some method of fishing I can't believe that shellfish, for example, had not been exploited.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I hope you two realize that as soon as my hockey game is over I am going googling to look for that article.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Digit wrote:I seem to remember something like that, the whole episode I seem to recall was based around a cave in southern Africa and it seemed to suggest that this was the first time that water had been exploited. Which seemed to me to be total rubbish.
If man arose in east Africa he would have had access to fresh water, and even if he had not at that stage evolved some method of fishing I can't believe that shellfish, for example, had not been exploited.

Roy.
I think ancient hominids would have also have eaten frogs/toads, snails and other aquatic creatures... anything that staved off starvation. :shock:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

But you have to admit that it would take some from France to wonder

“Hummm. I think that may taste good.”