Denisova specimen

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Denisova specimen

Post by Beagle »

Here are some interesting slide photos from Der Spiegel:
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 30,00.html

which include a Neanderthal figure that does not in any way resemble
the Krapina photo:-)
~Maria

> Jack:
>
> Why does one of the links show a picture of a Neandertal from
> Krapina???? Especially since all the articles are claiming it's a
> new species. . . .and the Neandertal looks, um, very human to me!
> Anne G

Here is a link from another forum, most of whom think as I do. This area in eastern asia , I believe, is where we will find the melting pot of Homo Sapien Sapien.
Rokcet Scientist

Re: Denisova specimen

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Snicker! :twisted:
I just love this! :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm really getting to hate the word "species."

It carries far too much baggage.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

This would also suggest a fourth wave of emigration from Africa.
Would it?

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:
This would also suggest a fourth wave of emigration from Africa.
Fourth wave?
Take of the blinders: there have been at least dozens, possibly hundreds!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Or very few, I find the idea that numerous branches of Homo developed in Africa then changed not afterwards somewhat unlikely.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:Or very few, I find the idea that numerous branches of Homo developed in Africa then changed not afterwards somewhat unlikely.
It's vastly more complex than that, imo: all those waves of homonoïds*, in all those millions of years, left Africa, went into a diaspora, met/caught up with other homonoïds that had left before them, and hybridized/evolved, and those hybrids doubled back and encountered yet more 'new' waves of OOA homonoïds and hybridized/evolved again. Etc. etc. And so forth and so on.

* I include australopithecines now, because I don't see a reason why they wouldn't have left Africa as well, just like the hominids. After all many animal species did too.
Digit

Post by Digit »

It's vastly more complex than that, imo: all those waves of homonoïds*, in all those millions of years, left Africa, went into a diaspora, met/caught up with other homonoïds that had left before them, and hybridized/evolved, and those hybrids doubled back and encountered yet more 'new' waves of OOA homonoïds and hybridized/evolved again. Etc. etc. And so forth and so on
That could be completely wrong RS, but using logic as a basis I strongly suspect that it's quite correct.
The Club view seems to be 'Go north young man!' with never a suggestion that some may well have dispersed in other directions.
Min and I discussed this some time ago vis-a-vis the ''ice free channel' into North America, when Min with his usual wit suggested that only one way tickets were on sale!

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Yeah, that ''ice free channel' into North America" story has a high dose of 'Moses parted the Red Sea'... :lol:
Digit

Post by Digit »

As no large animals seem to have used the route that would seem to be so.

Roy.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Animals were told to wait for the "ark."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin