Neandertal Lives !!

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Neandertal Lives !!

Post by Beagle »

http://johnhawks.net/weblog/reviews/nea ... -2010.html

It's finally here. Paabo et al have finished their work and John Hawks has just wrote the longest blog of his life. In short, the study shows that between 1 to 4% of our genome is Neandertal. Europeans are probably 4%. I believe that this is probably just the beginning of new information that will be forthcoming, and hopefully the scientific literature will cast HNS in a new light.

Researchers seem to think that mating occurred in the middle east. Anyway there will be many articles about this on the 'net, and we can post as we like.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Neandertal Lives !!

Post by Minimalist »

I just want to celebrate today, Beags!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Not too long ago, anthropologist made the unequivocal statement that there was NO interbreeding between HSS & HSN.

Hah!

Want proof of interbreeding? Look at a pic of Wolpoff.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 95639.aspx

Another article on the HNS genome. Tattersall has been a long time OOA Neanderthal hater. He has been an architect of everything the club has said about HNS in the way of being an ignorant brute. Now he seems to be saying that he knew this all along. Not surprising I guess. 'Spice I agree with you about Wolpoffs appearance. :lol: Min, I'm celebrating too.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Tomorrow we can start pushing for them to find Erectus DNA.

(But not today!)
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
JSteen

Post by JSteen »

I've stopped by to celebrate with you guys as well.

::fist pump::
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

I think this calls for a celebratory roach, bros...! :lol:
Shouldn't lose perspective, should we?
Sam Salmon

Post by Sam Salmon »

Some of the science behind this discovery is mind-boggling!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100506/ap_ ... thal_genes

My email is full of news about Neanderthal genome today. There are articles about it everywhere you look. Here's one
of them.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

A good friend of mine (female) just replied to an email I sent her about this and said "I wonder if the sex was consensual?"

Leave it to women!

:lol:

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Well, Min, we are talking about Neanderthals, so ......
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That's just what SHE said.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:That's just what SHE said.
Who cares what SHE said? She's just a hybrid... :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Aren't we all?

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

So Hawkes supports everything we have argued for, OOA initially as a root stock then diversifying to suit the new environments and even some gene flow back into Africa. So Min they were buying tickets both ways as we thought.
"I wonder if the sex was consensual?"
Of course it was tell her. With this great big brute standing over her with his pants around his ankles and a great big club in his hands what female was gonna say no! :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt