Hmmmm.....Neanderthal Teeth?

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Hmmmm.....Neanderthal Teeth?

Post by Minimalist »

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 062310.php
Separation between Neanderthal and Homo sapiens might have occurred 500,000 years earlier
The researcher concluded that it is possible to correctly determine the species to which an isolated tooth belonged with a success rate ranging from 60% to 80%.
There's a big difference between 60% (which is slightly better than guessing or flipping a coin) and 80% and an even bigger gap to 100%.

If true, it means that "Neanderthal" was around for damn near a million years.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Re: Hmmmm.....Neanderthal Teeth?

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Neandertal teams played football against Sapiens, Heidelberg, Antecessor, and (Caucasian, Sino, and Indo) Erectus teams...

And they probably invented the vuvuzela too!

ImageImageImage
Digit

Post by Digit »

I think some of those guys are boasting! :lol:

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Great way to cover up one's short-comings.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin