White, blonde baby born to black couple baffles experts

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

Re: White, blonde baby born to black couple baffles experts

Post by Digit »

But you wouldn't know it, because the change in that one individual relative to its environment is so minute as to be unnoticeable.
Not necessarily so, all the gene changes that I have read about occur in one step. Check out the change from two chamber heart to three chamber, no such thing as a two and a half.
The OP may be such a change, it all depends on how many changes are needed in one DNA chain.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:
But you wouldn't know it, because the change in that one individual relative to its environment is so minute as to be unnoticeable.
Not necessarily so, all the gene changes that I have read about occur in one step. Check out the change from two chamber heart to three chamber, no such thing as a two and a half.
The OP may be such a change, it all depends on how many changes are needed in one DNA chain.
Aberrations, deviations of the norm, abound. You wouldn't want to spend one cent for each six-toeed human on this planet. I knew a guy with 4 nipples. A century ago 'the lady with the beard' drew crowds in travelling fairs. 99,99% of those aberrations are evolutionary non-starters and will defacto never outgrow their aberrant status. Only those that will prove to be an evolutionary advantage, relative to the norm, will 'stick'.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Such aberrations can be genetic RS.
I see no reason why the change from black to white needs more that one such change, if it is one link in a DNA chain then the colour change would be immediate with no grades between.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:Such aberrations can be genetic RS.
I see no reason why the change from black to white needs more that one such change, if it is one link in a DNA chain then the colour change would be immediate with no grades between.
Unless it's a grading gene, of course.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Is there such?

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:Is there such?
I'd say every mestizo, mulatto, etc. etc. proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'm no expert but I'm not sure that's the same thing.

Roy.