An interesting author

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

An interesting author

Post by circumspice »

Bjorn Kurten...

I don't remember how I first came to fixate on finding some of his works. Nevertheless, I finally located two of his books through interlibrary loan. I got the fictional series that he penned back in the late 70s, early 80s. The titles are Dance of the Tiger & Singletusk. Kurten was a prominent paleontologist. In his fiction, he drew heavily upon his area of expertise. The book Dance of the Tiger contains a glowing forward written by Stephen J. Gould.

Kurten wrote a great deal on paleontological subjects. The next work I intend to find is his book ”Not from Apes”. This title is a fairly controversial look at the divergence of humans from apes. I look forward to an intetesting read.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope