Another one for Min

The science or study of primitive societies and the nature of man.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Another one for Min

Post by circumspice »

Homo Erectus May Have Sailed To Islands And Used Language

2/20/2018 07:00:00 PM

They had bodies similar to modern humans, could make tools, and were possibly the first to cook. Now one expert is arguing that Homo erectus might have been a mariner – complete with sailing lingo.

https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot ... lands.html
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Another one for Min

Post by Minimalist »

Thanks, Circ.

This line caught my eye.
“Tsunamis could have moved early humans on rafts of vegetation.”
This suggests to me that this asshole has no idea what a tsunami or a raft of vegetation is.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Minimalist wrote:Thanks, Circ.

This line caught my eye.
“Tsunamis could have moved early humans on rafts of vegetation.”

This suggests to me that this asshole has no idea what a tsunami or a raft of vegetation is.

They're in denial Min. I wonder how high the survival rate is for somebody (anybody) riding on a mat of vegetation/detritus up high on the crest of a tsunami wave... Never mind the splat when the wave hits land... Not exactly my first choice for maritime transportation.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Plus, how do you know its coming? What do you do? Sit on a vegetation mat and wait for the perfect wave?

Sounds more like a surfer fantasy.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin