Religious thought

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: Minimalist, MichelleH

Phil Butler

Re: Religious thought

Post by Phil Butler » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:38 am

Kalimera from sunny Crete where those mysterious Minoans practiced a fascinating form of animism. I am enjoying reading all the comments. Bear with me while I synthesize. Seems we are all in search of the same "thing" ... Now onward to the pursuit of the God portal :D

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Religious thought

Post by Minimalist » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 am

Welcome, Phil. I had the pleasure of getting to Crete as part of a cruise around Greece and Turkey in 2007. Knossos of course. All the touristy things!

And then it was on to Santorini which was mind-boggling.

I noted that you had an article posted on our new "NEWS" page. Here's a link to it for everyone else.

https://www.argophilia.com/news/ancient ... ts/224961/
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin