People Said to Believe in Aliens and Ghosts More Than God

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Where the hell's Bob?
zan

Post by zan »

kbs2244 wrote:And then, War Arrow, add in the realization of the precision of the repeated motion of those stars.
There is no way that "chance" can be involved.
Physicist Peter Walker has the right perspective: “The supreme arrogance of religious thinking: that a carbon-based bag of mostly water on a speck of iron-silicate dust around a boring dwarf star in a minor galaxy … would look up at the sky and declare, ‘It was all made so that I could exist!’”
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

The only restraints that we have on our mind are the ones that we impose on ourself. We are limited by our own thinking.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'm in New York.

Tired as all hell though.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin