Snicker....snicker....

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Snicker....snicker....

Post by Minimalist »

:lol:

I sort of wish Arch was still here.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -ancestor/

All life on Earth evolved from a single-celled organism that lived roughly 3.5 billion years ago, a new study seems to confirm.

The study supports the widely held "universal common ancestor" theory first proposed by Charles Darwin more than 150 years ago.

(Pictures: "Seven Major 'Missing Links' Since Darwin.")

Using computer models and statistical methods, biochemist Douglas Theobald calculated the odds that all species from the three main groups, or "domains," of life evolved from a common ancestor—versus, say, descending from several different life-forms or arising in their present form, Adam and Eve style.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Re: Snicker....snicker....

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote::lol:

I sort of wish Arch was still here.
Invite him then.
But he probably can't handle the abuse anymore.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I posted it on his site.

He tried to use one of his sock puppets to reply.

(Some things never change!)

Invite him then.

Michelle would kill me.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

A statistical analysis says ....?

As one wise woman once said: "Figures lie and liars figure."

Oh ... and Michelle is right.

'Bout time you grew up, Min.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Kicking and screaming, Ish.

Kicking and screaming!

-- George Carlin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Don't worry, Min. That's just the effects of the aluminium and barium in the chemtrails over your neck of the desert!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

You gotta stop paying attention to these conspiracy nuts, Ish.

They are everywhere.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Ishtar wrote:Don't worry, Min. That's just the effects of the aluminium and barium in the chemtrails over your neck of the desert!
Sure Ish, like other people have warts.
Shit happens.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

A follow-up story which Dig will appreciate.

http://www.physorg.com/news192882557.html
In his 1859 book, On the Origin of Species, the British naturalist proposed that, "all the organic beings which have ever lived on this earth have descended from some one primordial form." Over the last century and a half, qualitative evidence for this theory has steadily grown, in the numerous, surprising transitional forms found in the fossil record, for example, and in the identification of sweeping fundamental biological similarities at the molecular level.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Just caught up with this one Min. At least I appear to be on the side of the angels this time.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:At least I appear to be on the side of the angels this time.
Very uncharacteristically indeed!
Don't make a habit out of it!
:-)
Digit

Post by Digit »

Habits can be hard to break.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:Habits can be hard to break.
How hard can a fortnight in isolation be? :lol: