Noah’s Ark, the Theme Park

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/us/06ark.html?_r=1&hp

Words fail me.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Noah’s Ark, the Theme Park

Post by Minimalist »

I understand they will be issuing a combo ticket with The Creation Museum and calling it The Grand Tour of Stupidity.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I believe a guy built a full sized replica on one of those Dutch canals that is a restaurant/bar.
"Only hand tools used"

I don't know the size of the work crew though.
I would assume more than four.
(Noah and three sons.)
Rokcet Scientist

kbs2244 wrote:I believe a guy built a full sized replica on one of those Dutch canals that is a restaurant/bar.
"Only hand tools used"

I don't know the size of the work crew though.
I would assume more than four.
(Noah and three sons.)
Just him and, occasionaly, his son. I went and took these pics:

Unfortunately I went on a Sunday, so it was closed on the day of the Lord...

It was to be filled with animal replicas, in pairs of course, to be shown to schoolchildren in a 'tour' that was to end on the upper deck where there was a cafetaria, and a lecture room. This thing was to be towed – it was built on top of a flat top barge, effectively a giant float – from town to town, city to city, school to school. To convert more souls. Indoctrinating, brainwashing, and conditioning still pliable, innocent kid's minds.

Found this pic of the building stage:

So it was really just a very large wooden shed on top of a flat barge. No boat at all.

Anyway, a year later it was in a port near me for a couple weeks. Apparently on its grand missionary tour. There were no thronging crowds.
I've never seen it or heard of it since.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

God told 'Noah' to build a steel barge?

I must have missed that instruction.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

It was fake from top to bottom. E.g. that giant bow beam (1st and 3rd pics) looks like it was one multi-ton piece, cut from one enormous tree. It wasn't. It was a hollow skeleton, covered with veneer. Etc. etc.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It was fake from top to bottom.
So was the friggin' ark.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Minimalist wrote:
It was fake from top to bottom.
So was the friggin' ark.
Then it was a perfect replica, with God's help, of course.
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.