Evidence Suggests Noah's Ark Flood Existed, Says Ballard

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

MichelleH
Site Admin

Evidence Suggests Noah's Ark Flood Existed, Says Ballard

Post by MichelleH »

Okay this story is killing me.....Ballard must be going for another 'documentary'. An underwater archaeologist? NOT! He's an Oceanographer......I can't bring myself to post it in the news....... :shock:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 73143.html
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Evidence Suggests Noah's Ark Flood Existed, Says Ballard

Post by Minimalist »

As I recall, Ryan and Pittman have been dismissed.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Re: Evidence Suggests Noah's Ark Flood Existed, Says Ballard

Post by kbs2244 »

Aren’t they mixing his Black Sea and Mediterranean work?

The scenario is similar, but the time frame is very different.
7,000 years vs. 12,000

Putting “Noah” in the headline is just the headline writer doing his job.

I have not seen Ballard using the name.
He is looking for a pre-Flood civilization on the bottom.
The Ark, floating on the flood water, would not be at the bottom but at some surface point.

Note his quote. He sidesteps it the question well.

[quote]Ballard does not think he will ever find Noah's Ark, but he does think he may find evidence of a people whose entire world was washed away about 7,000 years ago. He and his team said they plan to return to Turkey next summer.
"It's foolish to think you will ever find a ship," Ballard said, referring to the Ark. "But can you find people who were living? Can you find their villages that are underwater now? And the answer is yes." [/quote]

All in all it is a sloppy writing job.