Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

Post by Frank Harrist »

Anyone besides me think that the bigfoot etc. phenomena may actually be remnants of ancient proto-humans? It's been discussed that they may be Gigantopithecous, but I think they are closer to human than that. If you don't believe such a creature exists, then don't bother to comment here. I have read that some seem more human than others, so there may indeed be several species. They are as smart as humans and very "forest-savvy". Of course they'd have to be to have avoided conclusive detection for this long. For the record, I think we should leave them alone, whatever they are. That's why I quit hunting them...that and the fact that the woods are full of rednecks and hillbillies hooting at one another then coming home and claiming to have "heard a real bigfoot!" It just ain't safe out there! For humans or bigfoots.
kbs2244

Re: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

Post by kbs2244 »

Well,
As the old saying goes "where there is smoke, there is fire."

In this case it may be only embers.
But embers are fire leftovers.

The materialists will see they only believe in what they can see or measure.
The believers say you need faith.

Personally, I put Bigfoot and Evolution in the same pigeon hole.
Neither has been proven, but both have some faithful believers.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Pretty sure Evolution has been proven, every second that life exists on this planet. Faith is bullshit!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Sssh...kb thinks the bible is proof.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Well, actually, you have it backwards.
I think that science is more and more proving the Bible.

The whole “Big Bang” idea seems pretty well summed up in Genesis 1:1

But the more you study either, you eventually get to the point where you are told “you just have to believe.”
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

My take on the subject of beliefs:

Believe or disbelieve whatever you wish, as you choose.

Just don't try to shove your convictions down everyone else's throat.
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

That is fair.
I will not tell if you do not ask.

I am willing to share if you are interested.
But I do not want to waste my time talking to the wall.

They are after all my beliefs.
And many of them are not main stream.
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

None of this has anything to do with Bigfoot. If you don't have anything to say about the subject, then don't say anything! I'd rather read nothing than have to wade through all this bullshit! Read the damn subject line!
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

" Where there is smoke there is, or may have been, fire."
Is it possible?
Sure.
But very few things are impossible.