Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Frank Harrist

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

Post by Frank Harrist »

Anyone besides me think that the bigfoot etc. phenomena may actually be remnants of ancient proto-humans? It's been discussed that they may be Gigantopithecous, but I think they are closer to human than that. If you don't believe such a creature exists, then don't bother to comment here. I have read that some seem more human than others, so there may indeed be several species. They are as smart as humans and very "forest-savvy". Of course they'd have to be to have avoided conclusive detection for this long. For the record, I think we should leave them alone, whatever they are. That's why I quit hunting them...that and the fact that the woods are full of rednecks and hillbillies hooting at one another then coming home and claiming to have "heard a real bigfoot!" It just ain't safe out there! For humans or bigfoots

Ah hell, go ahead and comment even if you think they don't exist. Lets get something going on here!
kbs2244

Re: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

Post by kbs2244 »

Frank, I came across this story and remembered you.

http://www.psmag.com/culture/believes-b ... net-70933/

Who Believes in Bigfoot?
(I love the road sign PIC)
Frank Harrist

Re: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, Yowie.

Post by Frank Harrist »

There were reports, stories, legends about Sasquatch long before Wallace and Patterson's time. Even if all of their stuff was a hoax, there is still much evidence out there. There are also many idiots out there in the woods hooting and hollering at each other and then going home and swearing they had a meaningful conversation with Bigfoot. The one and only Bigfoot...like there's only one and he really gets around. Surprising how much ignorance there is among so called experts. "Finding Bigfoot" is a prime example of this. I watch it just to see what these idiots will do next. I mean come one! logic would tell you that they will never chase one down out in the woods at night. They ain't gonna sneak up on one. They're just getting paid to go one camp outs like we went on as kids. SMDH Just one more reason I quit actively hunting Sasquatches. Even the so-called "top experts" in the field have no credibility. I still know they exist, but I hope the idiots don't find them.