Combating Pseudoscience

The study of religious or heroic legends and tales. One constant rule of mythology is that whatever happens amongst the gods or other mythical beings was in one sense or another a reflection of events on earth. Recorded myths and legends, perhaps preserved in literature or folklore, have an immediate interest to archaeology in trying to unravel the nature and meaning of ancient events and traditions.

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

circumspice

Combating Pseudoscience

Post by circumspice »

A sadly relevant article...

Too bad the nuttier members of this forum didn't learn this during their formative years...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/it-real-though ... ds-1612796
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: Combating Pseudoscience

Post by MichelleH »

Critical thinking is no longer taught and many that once had it are lost to the masses because the falsehoods are easier....
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

You mean o tell me that the third building isn't evidence that 9/11 wasn't an "inside job?"
Or at the least an expected thing?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I knew someone who evacuated from Building #7. They were told to leave shortly after debris falling from the towers started fires in Building #7 and she recounted a rather harrowing tale of dodging debris as they ran towards Vesey street. As they were IRS workers they headed for the nearby IRS Manhattan Headquarters building on Church Street.
But the building was on fire and burned all day before collapsing.

Please don't tell me you are one of those Truther morons?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I am always open to "a good story, well told."
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

And apparently to shitty stories, poorly told as well.

-- George Carlin