Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

clubs_stink

Egyptian Glyphs in Australia???

Post by clubs_stink »

Dunno but it sure looks interesting.

http://www.crystalinks.com/egyptaustralia.html

Ancient Egypt Link with Australia
An Article by Paul White - 1996
After 5,000 years Australia's Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition!
Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales:
The hieroglyphs tell the tale of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in ancient Australia. The discovery centres around a most unusual set of rock carvings found in the National Park forest of the Hunter Valley, 100 km north of Sydney.
The enigmatic carvings have been part of the local folklore of the area for nearly a century with reports of people who sighted them as far back as the early 1900's.
The site was secretly visited by families "in the know" in the 1950's and fell back into local mythology for a couple of decades until it was accidentally rediscovered by a man looking for his lost dog.
The carvings are in a rock cleft, a large block of split sandstone on a cliff-face that has created a small chasm or "chamber" of two flat stone walls facing each other that widens out from two to four metres and is covered in by a huge flat rock as a "roof" at the narrow end.
The cleft is most cave-like and only accessible by a small rock chute from above or below, well disguised from the average bush-walker.
When you first come up the rock chute and climb into the stone hallway you are immediately confronted by a number of worn carvings that are obviously ancient Egyptian symbols. These are certainly not your average Aboriginal animal carvings, but something clearly alien in the Australian bush setting.
There are at least 250 hieroglyphs.
At the end of the chamber, protected by the remaining section of stone roof, is a remarkable third-life sized carving of the ancient Egyptian god "Anubis", the Judge of the Dead !

The hieroglyphs were extremely ancient, in the archaic style of the early dynasties.
This archaic style is very little known and untranslatable by most Egyptologists who are all trained to read Middle Egyptian upward.
The classic Egyptian dictionaries only handle Middle Egyptian, and there are few people in the world who can read and translate the early formative style.
Because the old style contains early forms of glyphs that correlate with archaic Phoenician and Sumerian sources one can see how the university researchers who saw them could so easily have thought them to be bizarre and ill-conceived forgeries.
The ageing Egyptologist Ray Johnson, who had translated extremely ancient texts for the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo eventually was successful in documenting and translating the two facing walls of Egyptian characters - which stemmed from the Third Dynasty.
The rock walls chronicle a tragic saga of ancient explorers shipwrecked in a strange and hostile land, and the untimely death of their royal leader, "Lord Djes-eb".
A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile, and son of 'Khufu' who, in turn, is son of the King 'Sneferu'.
This dates the expedition just after the reign of King Khufu - known in the Greek as "Cheops" alleged builder of the Great Pyramid.
Lord Djes-eb may have actually been one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef, who reigned after Khufu.

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/egyp ... npage.html

The evidence being unearthed suggests the whole Sydney area had been explored, settled and farmed by thousands of colonists throughout the Bronze Age [2000-1400 BC]. My wife Heather and I are lately rapidly turning up find after find, often involving this mixed script. We have found it at the Cooktown pyramid/colony site; at Cairns, Sarina, Gympie, on the Logan River south of Brisbane; throughout the New England district and in Central Western New South Wales, at various places in Victoria, South Australia and the Northern Territory, and across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand.

http://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

Good work, Clubs.

Very interesting! :)
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

I must admit, this one looks suspiciously neat and tidy to me considering it's age. That said, despite my obvious customary doubts:
:shock: Blimey!
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

I gather from the info the glyphs are in an area that is sheltered from weather. Earlier attempts at interpretation written off because few people knew about or could interpret the archaic style. There was a lot of information on the Rex Gilroy site but I haven't had time to wade through it all.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

A quick check on Google showed over 1100 hits for this item but, as is usual, most came from "Alternative History" sites. I could not find one mainstream Egyptologist who commented on this.

Now that, in and of itself, means nothing. The Club....particularly THAT club, keeps a tight leash on what is allowable in the field.

This comment, though,
A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile, and son of 'Khufu'

touches a nerve as Zahi the Great recently did a special on the missing pyramid...the thread is around here somewhere....and the king he credited with building it was Khufu's son, Djedefre.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

This story has been around for a while.
What I think is intresting is that Sydney means they not only got to Australia, but half way around it.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

I forgot to mention that if "it was a Bronze Age settlement farmed by thousands of colonists" then, maybe, it was a jumping off place for SA?
Pippin

Post by Pippin »

Hi

I do not know much about the egyptology, but i have heard the TCC course on the subject. The teacher there said that in egyptian mythology, you could only be part of the eternal life if you were burried in egypt and that was the reason that the egyptians didnt concer its naboers, becourse they really would prefer to stay in egypt. Once in a while the would go and fight and put up local kings to rule for them and then retreat back into egyps.

If thats true, why would they go all the way to australia?

Pippin
clubs_stink

Post by clubs_stink »

Maybe they didn't go there on purpose??? Based on that translation above and the translations of Gloria ??'s things, most folks were just lost and stuck. Can't do much about that really.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

The idea the Egyptians were afraid to leave their country may have been true for a few years, but there are too many Egyptian artifacts around the globe for it to have always been the case.
After all, they have a pretty long history, and ideas change.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The Tel Amarna library gives us a pretty fair indication of Egyptians running Canaan in the 14th century BC and Thutmose III overran the largest empire that Egypt had ever attained.

I also got the impression that this was not any sort of organized effort but rather a group which got blown off course and ended up in Australia.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

Blown off course and ended up on the far side?
And off course from where to where?
There is the whole Indian Ocean between the Red Sea and Australia.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

A ship sailing in the Indian Ocean could have its rudder disabled and be blown wherever the wind takes it.

If those hieroglyphs are legitimate Old Kingdom and weren't some sort of hoax, then they got there somewhere. Hard to imagine that non-Egyptians would bother to write in hieroglyphs.

Then there is the minor problem that they seem to have identified Khufu's son correctly.

I guess if anything...I'll consider it a hoax until it is authenticated.

-- George Carlin
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

But Min:
Look at your globe.
Syndey is on the East coast of Australia.
The winds of the Indian Ocean change from clockwise to counter-clockwise with the seasons.
But there is no wind pattern that would take a rudderless ship from the Indian Ocean to Syndey harbor.
They would have bumped into India, Indonesia, or the west cost of Australia first.
Besides, if they were afraid to travel, what were they doing in the Indian Ocean in the first place?
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

But there are storms that can drive a ship in directions other than where the crew wants to go.

Hey, I'm guessing hoax until proven otherwise but why assume that once they made landfall that they didn't keep sailing around? Columbus' men didn't stay in the first place they landed.

If the hieroglyphs are real and date from the Old Kingdom, someone has a big problem to explain away.

I'm still betting on hoax, though.

-- George Carlin