Egyptian Glyphs in Australia???

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Egyptian Glyphs in Australia???

Post by Minimalist »

We had another discussion about this some time ago and, IIRC, it was agreed that it is possible, just from looking at a map of the Indian Ocean, that a ship could reach Australia. Whether the ship was Egyptian or just had Egyptians aboard her is something we'll never likely know.

All that aside, it seems to be a modern hoax.

http://www.donsmaps.com/hoax.html
Actually the carvings are part of genre of art and architectural styles triggered by the archaeological discoveries in Egypt in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The discovery of Tutankhamen's tomb, in particular, sparked a round of movies, novels and memorabilia in the 1920s and 30s.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Minimalist wrote:We had another discussion about this some time ago and, IIRC, it was agreed that it is possible, just from looking at a map of the Indian Ocean, that a ship could reach Australia. Whether the ship was Egyptian or just had Egyptians aboard her is something we'll never likely know.

All that aside, it seems to be a modern hoax.

http://www.donsmaps.com/hoax.html
Actually the carvings are part of genre of art and architectural styles triggered by the archaeological discoveries in Egypt in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The discovery of Tutankhamen's tomb, in particular, sparked a round of movies, novels and memorabilia in the 1920s and 30s.
Yes, seem to recall it all kicking off just as I went walkabout last time. Thanks for the link.
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

In order to update the knowledge on the Kariong Glyphs I supply the following information.

Due to vandalism, the entry shaft to the underground chamber is now virtually completely filled in (thank you
National Parks and Wildlife Services.) The same applies to the the outside entry to the door to eternity, must have taken a lot of work to make the sandstone split to block it. Paul White, the discoverer of this entry, will
be pleased.

However, in their vandalism, the vandals proved, that the site was build of stoneplates aas claimed by me previously and exposed the other two doors to eternity. (You need cave exploration equipment now)

Some three weeks ago, Dan Collins a Ph.D. Student from North Queensland, his wife Annastasia and myself, in search of the two large panels of formalized Egyptian writing, (first discovered by me in 2001 with Wayne
Shipton, but since lost (we had no camera with us) discovered two other, hitherto unknown pannels, much smaller) and completely untouched, hence they were not recarved by University students and prove the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Services once and for all wrong in their mistaken assessment that these glyphs were created in the 1980's.

Beside this a stone chisel, (broken) with long knapmarks visible, was found, proving that the site was created by the use of stone chisel, not a modern cold chisel.
Because of the vandalism, I shall not divulge the exact location, not even to the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Services, unless a written assurance of protection for the site is given. This site is real, it is an archaeological site that needs not State Government protection, but international protection.

Hans-Dieter von Senff Ph.D.
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

New Glyphs found at Kariong.

The Hoax claims by the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Services and their so-called expert witnesses are nothing but hot air. Two new panels of glyphs were found by Dan Collins and myself some three weeks ago, carved into a south and west wall outside the Kariong site. the South wall inscription (that which is legible, hence not eroded gives the details of the death of two more people at Kariong due to spider (or tick) bite.

However, as this glypt is closely related to first breastmilk and is the symbol of the goddess of nursing, it could possibly (but highly unlikely) that it heralded the birth of two babies from aboriginal women and egyptian sailors. making this matter intriguing to the Department of Aboriginal Affairs.

I leave this decision of my transliteration to the experts, whichever is correct!!!

As these glyphs are eroded, hence show no interference of any human (pictorial evidence exist) any attempts to deface them, is a crime against Australias culture and interest. (Not that this would deter the N.P.&W.S.)

Hans-Dieter von Senff, Ph.D.
Last edited by authorhans on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

The Kariong Glyphs are not a Hoax, but real.

The Hoax is perpetuated by the various websites and National Parks and Wildlife Services, who claim that the site is a Hoax. As there are other glyphs on that site, hitherto undiscovered and stone artefacts, we found a broken stone chisel only three weeks ago, the width of which fitted the carved glyphs.

Hence stone age man, not Sydney University Students, created this legible masterpiece.

Hans-Dieter von Senff Ph.D.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The Hoax is perpetuated by the various websites and National Parks and Wildlife Services, who claim that the site is a Hoax.

And the alleged rationale for this "conspiracy" is.......................... what?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

If you work in the Public Service ask youself: Do clerks need a reason ?
But I suggest the rationale behind this so-called conspiracy is: They misinformed the Minister and State Cabinet in 2001, and been caught out and have since build a wall of denial and silence around the matter in order to protect their precious little backside and their careers. One must remember, almost every high ranking official in an office of the Public Servive was a former clerk.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I see...because everywhere else in the world we see governments propping up bullshit sites in order to draw tourists in to spend money. Perhaps things work differently "down under?"

-- George Carlin
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Don't buy this one at all, but whatever.
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

So you disbelievers, still persuaded by the socalled local Experts, that the Kariong Glyphs are a hoax.

The Dutch Egyptologist Dr. R.M. de Jonge has confirmed, that he considers the Kariong Glyph as real.
He wrote:

"Thank you very much for sending me your book about the Egyptian Hieroglyphics near Sydney (N.S.W).
I also studied these glyphs, and I completely agree: These glyphs are genuine, and very important. I wrote several articles about Australia, a.o. about it's discovery by the 2nd. King Djoser of the Third Dynasty of
Egypt. ... Sincerely yours,
Reinoud de Jonge

As this information only arrived yesterday 29. Jan. 2012, it can not be inserted into the Book "Ancient Egyptians in Australia" but will be included in a follow up study, that will push the historic gatepost further back than the present 2500 B.C., i.e. the Khufu reign.
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

"New chamber found in the Kariong Archaeological site."
To update the Kariong debate. On Feb.17th.-20th.2012, we, that is the filmcrew of O4 Production, Steve Strong (Author) and myself, combed
the archaeological site at Kariong for new and hidden surprises. Whilst in the hieroglypic site, facing downward, Steve Strong asked the following question: "Hans, you have studied the hieroglyphics, where do you think, Nefer-Ti-Ru is burried?"Having a careful look at the glyphs,
I stated.: About one meter from here, but how far down, I do not know!"

Thereupon Steve Strong pointed something out to me and fifty centimeters further, Steve pointed at something and stated. "I think I follow this, maybe I can get some pictures. In a seemingly Indiana Jones film sequence, "Suddenly, the camera man followed Steve Strong , closely followed by the Director, Olivia Olley, while I had to listen to the booming conversation going on on the other side.The figure ten meters was mentioned and it emerged that a new chamber had been found, some 4-5 meters high, man made...

After catching up with Steve later, I asked if there were any glyphs displayed in the chamber, his answer was an affirmative "No"!
Later I had the chance to question him in private, as to the purpose of this man made chamber? His answer was a shrug of the shoulder and "I have no idea, Hans.!" There upon I reminded him of the empty chambers in the Khufu Pyramid above the Grave Chamber of Cheops,
and he understood at once, what I was refering to. and answered "Off course, the logical explanation." The Chambers in the Khufu Pyramid were build, to reduce the weight of the stonemass above the gravechamber, to stop it from collapsing the grave chamber inward.

Hence it is suggested that the same applies here. And that the large chamber appears indeed just empty space, protecting the grave chamber underneath, some 3-5 meters below the floor of the chamber. Therefore the possibility of a Megalithic Grave site is now in the realm of posibilities.
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

authorhans wrote:"New chamber found in the Kariong Archaeological site."
To update the Kariong debate. On Feb.17th.-20th.2012, we, that is the filmcrew of O4 Production, Steve Strong (Author) and myself, combed
the archaeological site at Kariong for new and hidden surprises. Whilst in the hieroglypic site, facing downward, Steve Strong asked the following question: "Hans, you have studied the hieroglyphics, where do you think, Nefer-Ti-Ru is burried?"Having a careful look at the glyphs,
I stated.: About one meter from here, but how far down, I do not know!"

Thereupon Steve Strong pointed something out to me and fifty centimeters further, Steve pointed at something and stated. "I think I follow this, maybe I can get some pictures. In a seemingly Indiana Jones film sequence, "Suddenly, the camera man followed Steve Strong , closely followed by the Director, Olivia Olley, while I had to listen to the booming conversation going on on the other side.The figure ten meters was mentioned and it emerged that a new chamber had been found, some 4-5 meters high, man made...

After catching up with Steve later, I asked if there were any glyphs displayed in the chamber, his answer was an affirmative "No"!
Later I had the chance to question him in private, as to the purpose of this man made chamber? His answer was a shrug of the shoulder and "I have no idea, Hans.!" There upon I reminded him of the empty chambers in the Khufu Pyramid above the Grave Chamber of Cheops,
and he understood at once, what I was refering to. and answered "Off course, the logical explanation." The Chambers in the Khufu Pyramid were build, to reduce the weight of the stonemass above the gravechamber, to stop it from collapsing the grave chamber inward.

Hence it is suggested that the same applies here. And that the large chamber appears indeed just empty space, protecting the grave chamber underneath, some 3-5 meters below the floor of the chamber. Therefore the possibility of a Megalithic Grave site is now in the realm of posibilities.

:lol: Cue the soundtrack of the original Twilight Zone series... :lol:
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope
authorhans

Post by authorhans »

Update on: Kariong Glyphs

I visited the Glyphs on Easter Saturday 2012, on my way to Sydney. (Having transliterated and translated the glyphs on the mainsite, Google: "ancient Egyptians in Australia, Senff"), the second posting should give you the 150 p. download to my research.) my interest was centred this time on the Glyphs, found by Jake Cassar in February 2012, in order to get clear photos, and, if possible, try to discover the meaning of the fully destroyed glyph, that starts the series of the incription. Very close inspection reveals a face, whether human or Toth
is unclear, wearing a Neferiti like Hat or crown with a broad band around the Hat, three-quarter way up looking, to the left. As the Glyphs have been detoriating for some thousands of years, they should be treated with chemicals as soon as possible, to stabilize the surface, in order to preserve them for science, archaeologist and egyptologist and the public.

However, until the site is protected by the N.S.W. Dept. of National Parks and Wildlife Service, the exact location shall not be revealed by me.

I have tried to find a similar glyph in Gardiner's, Budge's, Allen's, Whithuhn's or Bethro's, All to no awail. even a search through Ray Johnson's Basic Hieroglyphia proved useless, making this another uniquely Australian glyp, that is not recorded yet, anywhere.

If someone knows of a similar glyph, I would appreciate information of this, especially the meaning of it, and in what publication it appeared.

Futher, the original inventor of the claim that: "The Kariong Hieroglyphs are a Hoax," made by Steven Spillard in "Encyclopaedia of dubious Archaeology" has been repudiated by him on the Site "Unexplained Mysteries," Forum "Kariong" about p.8.

Spillard now claims, that it was written by some faceless and nameless person, but not him. So, researchers please note, The claim, that the Kariong Glyps are a Hoax is no longer sustainable, as it has been repudiated by the Autor and is no longer valid.

Dr. Hans-Dieter von Senff
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

So,
Does this mean we are back to square one?
circumspice

Post by circumspice »

Something I found online, while looking at articles related to the purported glyphs:

- Steven Strong writes bogus articles for New Dawn magazine and Indigenous Times
- Documented alzhiemers sufferer Dr Hans Dieter Von Senff releases his failed PHD work
" Ancient Egyptians in Australia " 140 pages of badly researched and bogus findings not worth the
download or posting a link to

Link to that page: http://woywoynet.blogspot.com.au/search ... +von+Senff
"Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

"Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer." ~ Alexander Pope