Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

All points south!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Yeah - BOATS 67,000 BC.

Post by Minimalist »

But it doesn't discard facts which do not fit the mold. That's where religion comes in.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
dannan14

Post by dannan14 »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:
dannan14 wrote:Yeah RS, but Galileo collected facts and based his arguments upon them. Not the other way around.
Sadly, you're wrong, dannan: good science starts with a hypothesis, and subsequently collects facts or devises experiments to support and test that hypothesis.

And sometimes the facts one collects do not support the hypothesis. Then the hypothesis must be either tweaked or discarded. The you instead discard the "anomalous" facts then see Min's post above.
Digit

Post by Digit »

He ain't the only nut Min.
Some additional original thinkers for RS.
Hubbard.
Joseph Smith.
Adolph Hitler.
Velikovsky.
Von Daniken.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Digit

Post by Digit »

RS is correct Dan in his statement of theory first, evidence following.
We've had his theory but I wouldn't hold your breath whilst waiting for the evidence!
And BTW RS, Galileo got it in the neck, not for original thinking, but for his support of Copernicus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

Just another dumb follower like the rest of us!

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Guilt by association.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
JSteen

Post by JSteen »

So does 67K years ago not only push back filipino history but also all pacific island history? What are the earliest remains found so far?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Well the OP states the 'Asia Pacific' region, which is a pretty large area, and states 'boats' so common sense suggests that man was reasonably widespread. The alternative would have to be that the bone comes from the only person in the entire area.
Possible, but extremely coincidental if it was so.

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Digit wrote:And BTW RS, Galileo got it in the neck, not for original thinking, but for his support of Copernicus.
I.o.w. he was persecuted for dissent. It was an ordinary witch hunt. He was plain lucky not to be burnt at the stake or thrown into a river to see if he could float.
Digit

Post by Digit »

He was indeed, but not for 'original thought.'
BTW what is the differnece between my attempting to 'stifle dissent' by asking you to prove your assertions and you doing the same to Uni over the death toll in the camps?

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:He was indeed, but not for 'original thought.'
OK, for following someone with an original – thus deemed blasphemous – thought. The Vatican didn't make that subtle distinction, I assure you.
BTW what is the differnece between my attempting to 'stifle dissent' by asking you to prove your assertions and you doing the same to Uni over the death toll in the camps?
Refresh my memory, got a link?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yes I have, but you are attempting to divert my question again.

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:Yes I have, but you are attempting to divert my question again.
No, YOU brought up the subject.

OK, fuck you then.
Digit

Post by Digit »

That's how you dodged the last time. Habit forming this is.

Roy.
Rokcet Scientist

Digit wrote:That's how you dodged the last time. Habit forming this is.
Apparently! You seem positively addicted... :lol:

Gotta dig up what Carl and Niccolò said about that.
Digit

Post by Digit »

But I don't swear at people, it's bad manners, as I'm sure your parents told you.
And that is how you terminated another 'debate.'

Roy.