Here at last!

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

CShark

Here at last!

Post by CShark »

I've been a fan of the news portion of this site for some time now, and after a few 'bumps in the road' trying to register, with the help of the sysop/webmistress, I am now a member. Looking forward to interesting and educational discussions, as well as meeting some new friends here.

A little background: I am 'middle aged' (hate that term, but it fits), very interested in a number of topics, but at the forefront has to be my passion for british history, anything pre-Tudor, but particularly pre-history.
My other interests include VC++ programming, astronomy, science, guitar, hockey, and ferrets (hence the nick).

Regards,
Bob
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Welcome Bob!

There are a lot of great people here that will pique your interests, curiosity and intellect. We cover it all for the most part at this forum. Forum Monk has started an excellent discussion on Archaeo-astronomy. Beagle, Cognito, Ishtar, Digit, Rokcet and the entire crew continue to inform on a very wide base of topics.

As for your interest in hockey....look out for Minimalist (aka Bob Part I). I believe he's a die hard Rangers fan.

So jump right in!

Michelle
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Welcome aboard Bob :D
War Arrow

Re: Here at last!

Post by War Arrow »

CShark wrote:I've been a fan of the news portion of this site for some time now, and after a few 'bumps in the road' trying to register, with the help of the sysop/webmistress, I am now a member. Looking forward to interesting and educational discussions, as well as meeting some new friends here.

A little background: I am 'middle aged' (hate that term, but it fits), very interested in a number of topics, but at the forefront has to be my passion for british history, anything pre-Tudor, but particularly pre-history.
My other interests include VC++ programming, astronomy, science, guitar, hockey, and ferrets (hence the nick).

Regards,
Bob
Right with you up until the bit about the ferrets, but then I'm a frog obssessive and it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing. Not sure about Michelle's Bob Part I reference - does that mean that you're actually a sequel to Minimalist? If so, hope you've got some pretty impressive special effects up there.

Hello and welcome! :)