New board set up ignores 2 whole continents

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

New board set up ignores 2 whole continents

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

In the new set up this board is geographically divided in the "New World" and the "Old World".
The 'blurbs' state:
Old World
The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

New World
The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.
So where do Oz and Antarctica fit into this picture...?
MichelleH
Site Admin

Re: New board set up ignores 2 whole continents

Post by MichelleH »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:In the new set up this board is geographically divided in the "New World" and the "Old World".
The 'blurbs' state:
Old World
The Old World is a reference to those parts of Earth known to Europeans before the voyages of Christopher Columbus; it includes Europe, Asia and Africa.

New World
The Western Hemisphere. General term for the Americas following their discovery by Europeans, thus setting them in contradistinction to the Old World of Africa, Europe, and Asia.
So where do Oz and Antarctica fit into this picture...?
RS,

This was already brought up. I have not had the time, until now, to correct it.

M
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Hey what about each planet in turn? Since we have earth covered, we need eight more boards...well seven, then we can lump Pluto in with the Kuiper belt. Now the question is, do we do the stars individually or lump them together by galaxy.

btw - good idea to add Oz and Antarctica.

:wink:
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

Kids,

I'm already insane and have been for some time. You assistance in the process is appreciated but not needed!

We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Forum Monk wrote:Hey what about each planet in turn? Since we have earth covered, we need eight more boards...well seven, then we can lump Pluto in with the Kuiper belt. Now the question is, do we do the stars individually or lump them together by galaxy.

btw - good idea to add Oz and Antarctica.

No! No! No! No! No! Seven won't be anything like enough. I demand that not only are Pluto AND Charon given their own boards, but so are Sedna and er... the other seven (and counting) I can't remember the names of (although I do remember that one of them is sort of egg shaped).
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

No no no ... you're all thinking much too small.

I think the categories should span not just this world and the planets of our solar system, but also the other two dimensions.

After all, the ancients wouldn't dream of telling a story, no matter how trivial, without giving it the backdrop of the three worlds - upper, middle and lower! :lol:

And just in case you're wondering, there are more than 90 hellish planets in the Vedic underworld alone. :lol:
rich

Post by rich »

No, no, no - according to scientists there are 11 or 13 dimensions - not 3. And to top it off - there are an infinite number of realities!
OMG - we need a lotta space!
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

rich wrote:No, no, no - according to scientists there are 11 or 13 dimensions - not 3.
Bah scientists!! What do they know?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rich

Post by rich »

What the vedas taught them??
i'm not lookin' for who or what made the earth - just who got me dizzy by makin it spin
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

No question about it, we're gonna need a bigger server.