Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Tiompan

Post by Tiompan »

Hello folks , and thanks Michelle for having me .As a newbie thought I should introduce myself and interests . I live in the old world ,UK , main interests are rock art (particularly non-representational i.e. cups ,rings ,meanders etc ) British and European Mesolithic-Neolithic transition ,archaeo-astronomy ,archaeogenetics ,cognitive archaeology ,monumentalisation ,archaeocosmology and prehistory in general .I can hear the groans concerning some of the interests ,true there is a lot of over the top speculation found among them .Every week there is a story of RA being "deciphered “ or a monument being aligned on a astronomical event ,or worse , dated due to a putative alignment .It is possible to have an interest in those areas without being too open minded that your brains fall out .My knowledge of New World archaeology is just above zero but am interested and hope to find out more .

George
Last edited by Tiompan on Tue May 18, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny

Re: newbie

Post by Johnny »

Welcome aboard, George. I'm pretty new myself, but I think you've joined a fine group of geeks. You can certainly learn a lot about new world archaeology here.
“Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” - Henry Rollins
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Hello there, George.

Always good when someone breaks through the blockade to register.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Welcome George, nice to have some new blood and perhaps new ideas.

Roy.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt