Resurrection #4 link

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Aodha

Resurrection #4 link

Post by Aodha »

Hello all-- Long time reader (I like the new look!) of Archeologica, newby member. This website is an invaluable resource in that it provides links to sources of breaking news without bias or hidden commercial interests, and doesn't sensationalize its presentation of links to grab eyeballs.

I'm a bit concerned about the 4/9/20 "Resurrection #4" link; this is obviously proselytizing material from a church, and errs in its claim that no "pagans" believed in resurrection. There are many examples, including the Mithraic example he tries to discredit textually, while ignoring art and other sources. The rejection seems to revolve around the claim that they weren't quite like Jesus in one detail or another, but this is irrelevant. This isn't archeology or history, but is rather a matter of religious claims and an attempt to force history to conform to a church's teachings. This link is exactly the sort of thing I come to archeologica.org's website to avoid.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Re: Resurrection #4 link

Post by Minimalist »

Hi, there.

You lost me. To what link are you referring?
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Vimal42679

Post by Vimal42679 »

Hi! I agree with Minimalist on this. The source is suspect. The link is; https://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdrisc ... afterlife/
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Now that the link is there, yeah:
Yamauchi was featured in the widely read Christian apologetic work The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. He has given presentations on the Easter story to such universities as Cornell, Yale, and Princeton. He has also appeared in various television documentaries concerning the life of Christ. Based on an interview, there is a biographical article in The Grains of Rice: Cincinnati Chapter Japanese American Citizens League, September 2001.

Cuneiform texts - which pre-date xtian bullshit by two millennia contain the story of Enki resurrecting Inanna. So much for jesus-freak "scholarship."
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin