New to Forum

Tell us what you think about your visit to our site!

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

marduk

Post by marduk »

who you think they named this character after
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Hello Brew. I haven't been able to get in the forum as much as I usually do so this welcome is a little belated.

Join right in and tell us what you think. :)
Brew

Post by Brew »

Hi, Beagle! I think I'm sorry I mentioned Sitchin in my intro. It was supposed to be funny, (although I AM a fan).

I am also interested in REAL archaeological data, from REAL archaeologists. That's why I'm here...

Sorry if I caused a ruff!

Brew
marduk

Post by marduk »

It was supposed to be funny
hes always funny
I've had some riotous laughs out of him over the years
moreso with those who believe him but thats another story
I once asked a sitchenite what genuine Sumerian texts he had read
his answer
"everyone that Zechariah Sitchen had written"
out of the mouths of babes eh
:wink:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorry if I caused a ruff!
Brew, you didn't cause a ruff - that's Marduk every day, all the time. All the other posters are great people. Ignore it.

If you're new to forums, you might want to dig through our old threads and find the one on Internet Trolls and read the original article. It has some helpful hints. Private mail me any time Brew, if you like. :wink:
marduk

Post by marduk »

All the other posters are great people. Ignore it.
says the poster who just made a personal attack which was also an incredible lie
you don't change much do you Beagle
can't keep the facts straight if you were paid to
typical pseudo
doh
:roll:
Brew

Post by Brew »

It's just that I have read ALL the works of Sitchin, AND all the anti-Sitchin material available. I have taken the good from both, and excluded the bad from both. I came up with my own version of the truth and quite simply, am not going to change my views - nor try to convince others of my truth(s).

Some are afraid of what Sitchin postulates due to their religion

Some just simply hold fast to the old evolution theories.

Some are just ignorant.

Some take everything they read as the ultimate truth.

Some can't read. LOL

I have found it useless to argue with any of them.

I would rather spend my time here learning about the Peopling of America, new discoveries, and DNA studies of ethnic cultures.

Glad to be here!

Brew
marduk

Post by marduk »

how about
people that read Sitchin have never actually studied the culture that he talks about
there is no evidence of any alien activity whatsoever
and most of his ideas are clearly demonstrable as false
You can bring up any of his ideas that you think are the best ones if you like Brew and I will calmly and intellectually show you why they are erroneous
I also have read all his works
only when I did it I had at the very least a working knowledge of what he was talking about
he's an economist you know
he's not qualified in any archaeo discipline
so really
hes just qualified to give the public what they want
thats his power
people don't know any better because they don't care for the truth
because generally and I realise that this may come as a little bit of a shock (sarcasm) :lol: but generally the truth doesn't have rocket ships and time travelling aliens in it with nuclear weapons who apparently engineered a race that had already evolved
If you could actually read the Sumerian Kings list from its original source like I can you'd probably be very surprised that all the names are very human
and all the lifespans reflect that
I would rather spend my time here learning about the Peopling of America, new discoveries, and DNA studies of ethnic cultures.
but whats the point if every answer is "Aliens did it"
Brew

Post by Brew »

Why am I feeling like "Fresh Meat"?

Changing bait ain't gonna hook THIS fish! LOL
people that read Sitchin have never actually studied the culture that he talks about
That's a pretty broad statement since you don't know what I've studied or not.
but whats the point if every answer is "Aliens did it"
So I can say, "I tried to tell you..." LOL

Let it go, please, marduk.

Brew
marduk

Post by marduk »

That's a pretty broad statement since you don't know what I've studied or not.
no
just an observation
Sitchin has no real idea of what Sumerian, Akkadian or Babylonian civilisation was like. His view is borne out of his limited understanding and his imagination.
Anyone who has actually studied these civilisations knows very well that his level of scholarship and his imagination are extremely flawed
I'm not getting on your case
we have a common interest is all
I thought that you might want to discuss it
but your reluctance to talk is telling me quite a lot :wink:
its the same reluctance that Zechariah has when confronted by a real Sumerologist, and the reason that he doesn't ever use the internet except as a one way platform for his fiction
he recently claimed that the Horse of Troy was an annunaki armoured personnel carrier and that all the greek gods were aliens as well
that make sense to you ?
:lol:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Brew - most folks don't share my views on Neandertal and early man. It doesn't stop me from posting though.

There is lots of "common ground". (except with Marduk)

See ya 'round.
marduk

Post by marduk »

There is lots of "common ground". (except with Marduk)
ooh second personal attack this evening Beagle
really never learn do you
instead of bitching back at you these days i just point out all your petty triumphs to the moderator
so please
carry on
Frank Harrist

Post by Frank Harrist »

Marduk is our resident expert on Sumeria and he has convinced me at least that he does know what he's talking about. I haven't read Sitchin myself but the stuff I have heard here on this forum and on others leads me to believe he's a bit of a quack.
Beagle, since Marduk has returned he has actually made an effort to get along with everyone. I suggest you do the same.
Brew, please don't let these petty little arguments serve as a representation of this forum. Most of us get along quite well. Everyone has a right to his/her opinion and everyone also has the right to respectfully disagree.
To all of you; NO SNIPING!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Well I WAS trying to encourage a new member to join in. I'll be surprised if he does now. Frank I really hope that you have read all of todays posts.

I would get the whole picture before you make a judgement.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

A functional IGNORE feature would be nice, Beags.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin