T Rex.

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Digit

T Rex.

Post by Digit »

Watched a TV programme earlier called Dino Lab. Good graphics, but oh dear. 'We are doing to find out once and for all just how fast T Rex really was', they said. Fine, then they say this will tell them whether T Rex was really a predator or a scavenger.
How?
Troodon. Largest brained Dino of all time realative to body size, therefore most intelligent. Huh?
Apatosaurus. Such a large body it had to eat continuously, even to the extent that the females dropped their eggs as they walked or fed and left the young to themselves. All this without knowing a thing about the nutritional value of a single Jurassic or later plant.
Aren't these guys smart?
Starflower

Post by Starflower »

Okay, but if the Apatasaurus had to eat continuously and had to drop the eggs as they went how did they make those eggs? Did they explain that one? Cause my mind is totally boggled and I think I'm afraid to think about it in case an image forms in my brain. :shock: :lol:
It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World

"Give us the timber or we'll go all stupid and lawless on your butts". --Redcloud, MTF
Digit

Post by Digit »

I dodged that one as well Star, I was eating Turkey at the time. I'm not even certain there is any evidence that Apatosaurus laid eggs. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
I know these programmes are made for mass viewing, but I do wish they would differentiate between fact and guess work.