On The Tube

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Leona - I just did a little test. Looks like you've got BBCode turned off on your posts so your quote don't show correctly.

See th options under your smilies or th check marks below the area where you write your posts.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Forum Monk wrote:Leona - I just did a little test. Looks like you've got BBCode turned off on your posts so your quote don't show correctly.

See th options under your smilies or th check marks below the area where you write your posts.
Thanks for the lesson, I just accepted the defaults on these things and no one has informed me as to what I should be doing. Thing is the under options BBCode in On but the "Disable BBCode in this post" was checked. Wouldn't that be considered some kind of oxymoron. :lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

so your volume control on your stereo works when the power is turned off Leona
women eh
what are they like
:lol:
Digit

Post by Digit »

MSP, Stevie.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Okay, yes I'm a fan of the show
Leona, there is nothing inherently wrong with the show, but when I first saw Josh dressed up like Indiana Jones - sans whip, I almost cracked up.

I'm not quite over that yet. But if he gets another show and has more input into the content, etc, he can probably come across much better, to me anyway. Despite my criticism however, I do watch the show. :lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

MSP, Stevie
chauvanist starts with a "C" Digit
Digit

Post by Digit »

Oooops! (Grovel. Grovel.)
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Beagle wrote:
Leona, there is nothing inherently wrong with the show, but when I first saw Josh dressed up like Indiana Jones - sans whip, I almost cracked up.

I'm not quite over that yet. But if he gets another show and has more input into the content, etc, he can probably come across much better, to me anyway. Despite my criticism however, I do watch the show. :lol:
The Indiana Jones thing was completely the idea of The History Channel. I think one of the reason THC chose him was because that is actually how he dresses. He's been wearing cowboy hats since he was fifteen. He does not like the comparison but there wasn't much he could do.
marduk

Post by marduk »

Sooo
he took to wearing Indiana jones style hats about 5 years after Raiders of the lost ark came out
I wonder what influenced him
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Leona Conner wrote:
Beagle wrote:

The Indiana Jones thing was completely the idea of The History Channel. I think one of the reason THC chose him was because that is actually how he dresses. He's been wearing cowboy hats since he was fifteen. He does not like the comparison but there wasn't much he could do.
I must admit that I was impressed with his archery skills.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

In a half hour (my time) on the History channel, is The Last Stand of the 300. It lasts two hours, and is historically accurate. I've seen it before.

It will be competing with the basketball tournament though.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

It's on right now. Kinda watching it, but not too impressed. But will change channels when PBR comes on at 9. If I'm goning to watch something gory, let it be bull riding. :lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

If I'm goning

:?:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Leona Conner wrote:It's on right now. Kinda watching it, but not too impressed. But will change channels when PBR comes on at 9. If I'm goning to watch something gory, let it be bull riding. :lol:
I'm already watching two things at once Leona. Enjoy the bull riding.
ravenwing5910

Post by ravenwing5910 »

I watched it last week, I thought it was a good program. enjoyed watching it. 8)