Indus Valley Civilization.

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

may have been in one of Hancock's books but I can't place it right now.
Can't help you there Min, I found it by just surfing. I think I googled "Out of India Theory". Not sure though.

I've got the Ramayana and the Mahabharata translations though. Good ones with commentary if you want the links.
marduk

Post by marduk »

I think I googled "Out of India Theory". Not sure though.

great work Beagle
though I expect youd have more success if you googled "aryan invasion theory" or "max mueller"
:lol:
you know who max mueller is dont you ?
just that you've never mentioned him before now anywhere despite claiming to have loads of sites in your favourites folder
im taking it that means you put stuff in your favourites folder that you haven't
a) read
b) understood
not until Hancock explains it to you first eh
:roll:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Beagle wrote:
may have been in one of Hancock's books but I can't place it right now.
Can't help you there Min, I found it by just surfing. I think I googled "Out of India Theory". Not sure though.

I've got the Ramayana and the Mahabharata translations though. Good ones with commentary if you want the links.
Sure, seems like the kind of thing that may be useful on occasion.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/dutt/

Here they are. All of the Vedic texts are in this website actuallly. I've just been reading these and I'm about to move on.
marduk

Post by marduk »

Here they are. All of the Vedic texts are in this website actuallly. I've just been reading these and I'm about to move on.
you just googled that didnt you
how many tries did you have at spelling Mahabharata
you might have noticed this translation states at the top of the page
This is an abridged verse translation of the two longest epic poems in world literature, the Ramayana and Mahabharata.
so really
its a worthless link
you can download the real text of the Mahabharata here
http://www.dvaita.org/sources/mbtn/
the full Ramayana is available here
http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rama/index.htm

but this stuff isn't any good really
I'm quite surprised that you havent linked to a source for the vedas really
or the
Bhagwad Gita
or the
upanashids
or the
Ithihaas
or the puranas
Agamas
or the jain scriptures
or any oth the other various very relevant hindu texts you obviously dont know about at the same time claiming to be an expert
this veda site is pretty cool
http://www.vedamu.org/
it will actually chant them to you
the ramayana and the Mahabharata date from about the same time as the pentuteuch and if anything are even less credible
they are actually called poems
i.e. not factual history
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://gayathrimanthra.com/contents/ved ... /index.htm
The Rig Veda
I might as well throw these up also. For anyone interested that is. One day (we said this a long time ago) we can get around to some discussion on the texts.

The topic is on the board anyway. 8)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.harappa.com/rohri/index.html

Almost all known human sites from 100,000 to 3000 B.C. in South Asia could fit into the Rohri flint quarries. With the pyramids, they are among the largest known manufacturing enterprises of ancient times. The head of the Italian-Pakistani team investigating reports on a vanishing area.
Interesting news about mesolithic flint quarries in the Indus Valley. The mining was massive as long ago as 7,000 BC, and began in the late pleistocene to the early holocene period.

There is a good paper by this archaeologist in PDF format that I'll post separately, as they may be of interest to Charlie.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.harappa.com/rohri/mesolithic-sindh.pdf

This is a 26 page paper in PDF format describing the lithics of the quarry at Sindh.

Charlie, you may find some of these interesting.
marduk

Post by marduk »

so if they were still mining for flint 9000 years ago how were they also flying around in vimanas powered by mercury powered engines and attacking Atlantis 3000 years earlier
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.harappa.com/har/indus-sarasw ... raphy.html
Indus civilization remnants have been discovered from as far south as Mumbai [Bombay], in Maharashtra State, India, and as far north as the Himalayas and northern Afghanistan.

The westernmost sites are on the Arabian sea coast in Baluchistan, Pakistan, right next to the Iranian border.

A thousand miles to the east in India, Harappan settlements have been found beyond India's capital, New Delhi in Uttar Pradesh State. Discoveries in Lothal and Gola Dhoro and Dholavira in Gujarat State suggest a southern coastal network spanning hundreds of miles.
Earlier scholars thought that Indo-Aryan invaders destroyed the Indus cities and pushed the remnant populations into southern India.
This model is no longer supported, but the decline of the Indus people and the language that they spoke is still a subject of study. It is unclear whether the ancient Harappans would have spoken an Indo-Aryan or Dravidian language, or possibly have spoken even other
Good article if you like the subject. 8)
Cognito

Flint

Post by Cognito »

so if they were still mining for flint 9000 years ago how were they also flying around in vimanas powered by mercury powered engines and attacking Atlantis 3000 years earlier
J. F. Christ, Marduk. Get a clue! They were using flint instead of di-lithium chrystals! Doh! :roll:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
marduk

Post by marduk »

flint powered engines
hmmm
now why didnt i think of that
also
why didnt the authors of the mahabarat think of that
its almost as if they were making it up as they went along
surely at that stage in history the only viable engine source was ass power
Beagle

Re: Flint

Post by Beagle »

Cognito wrote:
J. F. Christ, Marduk. Get a clue! They were using flint instead of di-lithium chrystals! Doh! :roll:
This topic thread just started, but we can go ahead and look at Vimanas as it seems to be the exciting part of the Vedic texts (to some people).

But before actually discussing what they really were (as opposed to what current UFO enthusiasts think) it's interesting to note that the story of "flying chariots" can be found in ancient texts from Korea, to China, and then over to the middle east.

In that sense, I think it lends strength to the "out of India" theory.
marduk

Post by marduk »

In that sense, I think it lends strength to the "out of India" theory.
this will be fun
I'm betting that at not any time have you ever checked the source of any claim made for flying chariots and especically not taken it in context
for instance:-
did you notice that the only gods who are ever mentioned in these flying craft are sun gods, or gods of heaven
how do you equate that with the solar barque of Ra which the ancient egyptians said carried the sun across the heavens each day
think that was evidence fo advanced technology too ?
I'm hoping you realise that pretty much all the ancient world believed that the earth was surrounded by water and believed that all the distant points we call light were merely swimming around in the fluid

now what do you think an ancient text means when it says "the holy vessel of the sun god travels through the heavens"
why do you think some pseudohistorians have decided to translate the word vessel as "aircraft, spaceship, intergalactic cruiser". think thats supported by the evidence do you ?

and what is the "out of india" theory when its supposed to be at home
sounds like complete crap imo
India shows no evidence of advanced civilisation until Harappa
which dates from the third millenium and is still believed to have been founded by migrations from the north
the now discounted aryan invasion theory stated that Aryans invaded in 1500bce and civilised the country
this was at a time when orthodoxy believed that Bishop Ushers 4004bce chronology was still credible
at some point you'll start accepting scientific evidence to build your theories on Beagle
but you'll have to get over your personal belief and imagination founded on erroneous pseudohistory first
and I don't think you're big enough to do that
so please
I'd love to see some you post some links from credible sources that discuss ancient advanced technology
in fact
I can't wait
:twisted:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.harappa.com/har/ancient-indus-sites.html
Harappa was an Indus civilization urban center. It lies in Punjab Province, Pakistan, on an old bed of the River Ravi.

The latest research has revealed at least five mounds at Harappa that 3-D renditions of Harappa show to have been surrounded by extensive walls. Two mounds have large walls around them, perhaps as much for trade regulation as defense.
Good info. 8)