someone bought me my sword earlier and the smell of blood hasnt gone away yet
anyone starting a book on this one put me down for 260 pounds
I always bet the same as my weight
:twisted:
muhahahha
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Forum Monk wrote:War!
I want to sit up close to the front so as not to miss any of the bloodshed.

(someone bring the popcorn)
Monk, I assume we're talking "300",and it has very mediocre reviews in todays Indianapolis Star. I'm reading it because we drove up to Indy yesterday. :P

In another discussion we had a while back about this movie we compared the '60s version with pics from this one. I can't find evidence that this new movie is historically authentic and it seems to be mucked up with a lot of computer generated images.

I'll be seeing it very shortly, as will everybody else, and it should be a fun discussion. BTW single rows of hoplites does not a phalanx make. (that sounded like Yoda :lol: ).
Keyvanrahmadi

Post by Keyvanrahmadi »

marduk wrote:cool
someone bought me my sword earlier and the smell of blood hasnt gone away yet
anyone starting a book on this one put me down for 260 pounds
I always bet the same as my weight
muhahahha
Light weight :wink:
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Beagle wrote:Monk, I assume we're talking "300",and it has very mediocre reviews in todays Indianapolis Star. I'm reading it because we drove up to Indy yesterday. :P

In another discussion we had a while back about this movie we compared the '60s version with pics from this one. I can't find evidence that this new movie is historically authentic and it seems to be mucked up with a lot of computer generated images.

I'll be seeing it very shortly, as will everybody else, and it should be a fun discussion. BTW single rows of hoplites does not a phalanx make. (that sounded like Yoda :lol: ).
Yes, that's the movie. I doubt it is accurate and it looks very overblown to me. Definately "larger than life". One of those fun to watch movies, but probably leave the kids at home for this one. My personal favorite of this type of genre is "Gladiator".

:wink:
Cognito

Post by Cognito »

Yes, that's the movie. I doubt it is accurate and it looks very overblown to me. Definately "larger than life". One of those fun to watch movies, but probably leave the kids at home for this one. My personal favorite of this type of genre is "Gladiator".
This is not a "chick flick" unless your sweetie veggie-slices her pets for weekend BBQs. :shock:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
MichelleH
Site Admin

Post by MichelleH »

<----------Does not like 'chick flicks' and owns a veg-a-matic 8)
We've Got Fossils - We win ~ Lewis Black

Red meat, cheese, tobacco, and liquor...it works for me ~ Anthony Bourdain

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Charlie Hatchett

Post by Charlie Hatchett »

Does not like 'chick flicks' and owns a veg-a-matic
:lol:
Charlie Hatchett

PreClovis Artifacts from Central Texas
www.preclovis.com
http://forum.preclovis.com
Nebankh

Post by Nebankh »

This is not a "chick flick" unless your sweetie veggie-slices her pets for weekend BBQs.
Thank feck I'm no-one's 'sweetie' because I'd obviously be 'taken' to see crap like Mr & Mrs Smith and be expected to find it engaging :D
Keyvanrahmadi

Post by Keyvanrahmadi »

Nebankh wrote:
This is not a "chick flick" unless your sweetie veggie-slices her pets for weekend BBQs.
Thank feck I'm no-one's 'sweetie' because I'd obviously be 'taken' to see crap like Mr & Mrs Smith and be expected to find it engaging :D
Any one who finds Mr & Mrs Smith engaging needs medical help. That was possibly one of the worst movies i have ever ever ever ever seen in my life.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Keyvanrahmadi wrote:Any one who finds Mr & Mrs Smith engaging needs medical help. That was possibly one of the worst movies i have ever ever ever ever seen in my life.
Actually Keyvan, I find all movies 'good' when I pay $8 or $9 for the ticket, $4 for the popcorn, and $4 for the soft drink per person in my family. That movie is good no matter what! :twisted: (otherwise I am a fool)

btw - the only movie I ever got up and walked out of the theater (spelled the correct way, Marduk) because it bored me to tears, won a Best Picture Oscar. It was "Chariots of Fire".
marduk

Post by marduk »

i walked out on the adventures of Baron Munchausen, and no FM its not theater. A theater is where you watch a play or get operated on
its cinema...
duh
:lol:
Keyvanrahmadi

Post by Keyvanrahmadi »

marduk wrote:i walked out on the adventures of Baron Munchausen
Well at least we have that in common :wink:
Nebankh

Post by Nebankh »

Although I've seen worse at the cinema, the only film (yes film not movie!) I walked out of was Armageddon - well I say walked.....my whispered heckling was getting louder in direct proportion to the insults to my intelligence and also it was getting close to last orders at the pub ;)
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

marduk wrote:and no FM its not theater. A theater is where you watch a play or get operated on
its cinema...
duh
Obviously, my terminology is a carry-over from when movies were projected in theaters. Cinemas came later when the movies went suburban and people began to shop in malls. (Great! Now I sound like an evolutionist of some kind!) :evil:
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Nebankh wrote:Although I've seen worse at the cinema, the only film (yes film not movie!) I walked out of was Armageddon - well I say walked.....my whispered heckling was getting louder in direct proportion to the insults to my intelligence and also it was getting close to last orders at the pub ;)
lol - what attracted you to pay for that film. The stars? the hype?
Some you just know are commercial garbage. I prefer to see them later on television, but strangely I have NEVER seen that movie. And I like sci-fi in general.
:wink: