Sodom expedition- Biblical nuts sign up here

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

marduk

Sodom expedition- Biblical nuts sign up here

Post by marduk »

a great oppotunity for Christians to become Muslim prisoners has arisen in Jordan
http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?sec ... chive=true
RAMSTEIN, Germany — In a search for the most deplorable, notorious place in history, a mix of amateur and seasoned archaeologists are digging for evidence of destruction that they say will prove the Bible correct.
yada yada
The men and women — some of whom pay thousands of dollars for their excavation trip to Jordan — are searching for evidence of Sodom. The Bible in Genesis tells that God rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, smiting their sinful populace
okay so they are off looking for a meterological phenomena unknown to science
what a shame the bible was so specific
“If we can show that truly God did these things, if we can show that destruction layer, then we can show that this is a pretty significant story here and the rest of the Bible should be absolutely correct and accurate,” he said.
what happens if they find it and discover that it was just a normal fire started by invaders
or what if they discover that there was no fire
I guess that will then be evidence that Satan has been tinkering with the evidence like he did by hiding all those fossils all over the place to test the faithful
that sneaky ex angel
:twisted:

my favourite quote from this is what the site director had to say
Dr. Steven Collins wrote:“Along with this has come the desire on the part of many scholars to do away with the term ‘biblical archaeology’ altogether, as if to say that the Bible is not a historical document credible enough to guide or control archaeological pursuits,” according to the preface. “To that I say, ‘Hogwash!’”
sounds like a friend of yours Digit
:lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Haven't the Israelis already found it?

Years ago??

Or are they looking for a sign that says "Prime Lot?"
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Cognito

Sodom

Post by Cognito »

From the article:
The Bible in Genesis tells that God rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, smiting their sinful populace.
So what's up with sulfur? Why the brimstone demolition when the Almighty could just zap the Sodomites and Gomorrahites out of existence with a single thought, making them disappear altogether? Was this some sort of public Mafia hit just to make a point to everyone else who refused to pay for protection? Watching those sinners die a horrible and painful death seems to be just a little bit too demented. Are we sure that the Big Hairy Guy in the sky did this ... or the Fallen One? :shock:

Either way, somebody has a need for bigtime therapy and, in retrospect, this appears to be a violation of the Antiquities Act. :evil:
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

And what exactly will you say if they find something of interest Marduk?
Look up what Schlieman had to put up with and remember that people look B----y stupid hopping around with a foot in their mouths!
marduk

Post by marduk »

Schlieman didn't discover Troy Digit
I was just referring to his use of antiquated language
Hogwash
what pig detergent has to do with the bible I have no idea
but I'm sure he knew what he meant
pity no one else does
Digit

Post by Digit »

(antiquated language) ?
Or should that be good English?
marduk

Post by marduk »

well i know what he meant
but there arent many of us Brits here
so its just as well that we're the cream of the crop
:wink:
Cognito

Cream

Post by Cognito »

but there arent many of us Brits here
so its just as well that we're the cream of the crop
Doesn't cream float to the top ... just like turds at the treatment plant? :D

Remember your heritage, young man. Your genetics don't appear to be British at all! 8)
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Digit

Post by Digit »

(the cream of the crop)
Undoubtedly! :shock:
Digit

Post by Digit »

(Doesn't cream float to the top)
And scum! :lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Cities of the Plain: Life and Death on the Shores of the Dead Sea
One of the most important transitions in human history involved the establishment of the world’s first cities approximately 5,000 years ago in the ancient Middle East. In the eastern Mediterranean region (Israel, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan), people built the first walled cities during a period archaeologists call the Early Bronze Age (EBA, c. 3500-2000 BCE). In the EBA on the southeastern Dead Sea Plain (Map 1), people began burying their dead in extensive cemeteries, creating a landscape of the dead. Interestingly, they soon built two walled towns next to the cemeteries that they had used for a few centuries. In these settlements, called Bab edh-Dhra’ (pronounced “bob-ed-draw”) and Numeira (pronounced “new-mere-a”), people established the way of life that we read about in the Bible. In fact, for the writers of the Bible, the desolate nature of this stretch of shore along the Dead Sea and the visible ruins of Bab edh-Dhra' and Numeira may have helped them to identify this area with the stories of the ill-fated sites of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:XRJ ... cd=2&gl=us

So...are they going to bounce the rubble or dig somewhere else looking for more "Holy Relics?"
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Where's the sign up sheet?

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Forum Monk wrote:Where's the sign up sheet?

On Al-Jazeera.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

(So...are they going to bounce the rubble or dig somewhere else looking for more "Holy Relics?")
Personally Min I don't give a Damn what their reasons are if they find something of interest.
They wouldn't be the first to stumble onto something they didn't expect.
marduk

Post by marduk »

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm
could cause a schism
Ron Wyatt (no relative) announced that he'd found it years ago
The five cities of the plain have been located and the evidence is staggering. For the first time in modern history we have found round balls of brimstone, or nearly pure sulfur, embedded in an ashen area near the Dead Sea, which show clear signs of having once been ancient building structures!
only
it was somewhere else
at times like this i recall Raiders of the lost Ark
They must have only one side of the Staff of Ra

"They're digging in the wrong place!"