Noah's Flood...

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

Oh Marduk, just you wait until Arch gets back from his vacation getting a refill at the Fruit Loop factory. He'll go bananas denying all this. First, did you have to mention 'dates' you know what that does to him. And since what you say can not be reconciled with the bibles explanation, jeezz. But then maybe, JUST maybe, he'll have something new to retort with.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

archaeologist wrote:
You still think your drivel is worthy of serious discussion?
if you want to be taken seriously, it is time for your side to present something credible, concise, logical with supporting scientific evidence and links.

but knowing you all are reluctant to go against the truth i am sure the next 10 resposonses will be the same old same old.

You ignore or deny every scientific argument put forward, arch. You belive in your bullshit and no one will sway you from it. I imagine you're too frightened to face a world without some father-figure telling you what to do but that's a problem for you and the psychologist you are overdue to see.

Meanwhile, Finkelstein and his associates continue to demolish your bible everyday and you just put your fingers in your ear and mutter "bible...bible...bible" as if that will help.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

You belive in your bullshit and no one will sway you from it.
i think i have provided enough evidence to substantiate my side of the argument, i have yet to see something from yours that is proveable.
Finkelstein and his associates continue to demolish your bible everyday
finkelstein does no such thing and as i have shown he is as all the others, full of speculation and theory and no proof.
ReneDescartes

Post by ReneDescartes »

Hands up all of you who believe Arch is right ...
I think therefore I am
marduk

Post by marduk »

he can't be right
hes not a Jew
:lol:
Essan

Post by Essan »

marduk wrote:he can't be right
hes not a Jew
No, but Finklestein is :lol:
marduk

Post by marduk »

by that standard Andy Sitchin is rightand we all know that Sitchiniswrong
http://www.sitchiniswrong.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

archaeologist wrote:
You belive in your bullshit and no one will sway you from it.
i think i have provided enough evidence to substantiate my side of the argument, i have yet to see something from yours that is proveable.
Finkelstein and his associates continue to demolish your bible everyday
finkelstein does no such thing and as i have shown he is as all the others, full of speculation and theory and no proof.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

like i said, you can't even produce a concise,logical argument against noah's flood even when given the opportuinity to do so. that removes all credibility you have and proves you have nothing to offer while the Bible has something to give you.

any flood evidence you may provide to prove a local flood can also be used to prove a global one. those that dismiss the evidence i have provided from non-religious sources (as well as religious ones) are only deluding themseves.

the evidence for a global flood is there....
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

The evidence for a series of global catastrophes, many of them manifesting themselves as flooding is there in ancient mythology...mythology which far precedes your paltry biblical attempts to explain the world.

In any case, Noah did not float above all the mountains because your pissed off god made it rain. That's just nonsense told to children. Unfortunately, too many of them believe it after attaining the age of reason.

-- George Carlin
Essan

Post by Essan »

archaeologist wrote:like i said, you can't even produce a concise,logical argument against noah's flood even when given the opportuinity to do so. that removes all credibility you have and proves you have nothing to offer while the Bible has something to give you.
No, you entirely miss the point.

It's for you to provide evidence in support of a global flood - evidence which can only be explained in terms of a global flood and not by any other known geological processes.

You might also like to consider an explanation for the likes of ice and seabed cores - other than simply that all scientists are ignorant fools ;)

Until you can do so there is no point in further discussion. We might as well argue over whether there are giant termites living on Pluto.

Post by Guest »

It's for you to provide evidence in support of a global flood
been there, done that--it's your turn.

though avoiding the taking your turn tells me you have nothing to disprove the flood.
ReneDescartes

Post by ReneDescartes »

Well Arch let us start with the Gilgamesh epoch.Tell me why Noah's fairytale ressembles it ,also telluswhich came first .It hasbeen asked to you many times .You never answered .
I think therefore I am
Essan

Post by Essan »

archaeologist wrote:
It's for you to provide evidence in support of a global flood
been there, done that--it's your turn.
No. you missed the second bit:-

"which can only be explained in terms of a global flood and not by any other known geological processes" ;)

But anyway, maybe Rene is right - lets get back to discussing some specifics of the flood mythos.

So, do you think the Mesopotamian flood stories - such as that included in Gilgamesh - were based on Noah? And if so, how do you prove this given that all the texts containing these stories date to earlier than any of the texts containing the Judaic Flood story (the implication being the Noah was based on an earlier Mesopotamian story and not the other way around).
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Modern archaeology has demonstrated that an ethnic group recognizable as the Israelites or Judahites did not coalesce until the end of the 13th century BC. As they were primarily Canaanite refugees from the collapsing Bronze Age cities of the coast it is logical that they incorporated much Canaanite mythology into their subsequent 'belief system.' It also appears that they were not monotheistic at this point in time and that this bible nonsense was not universally adopted until much later, after the Babylonian exile.

Thus, anything that these people wrote down must be taken with a grain of salt.

-- George Carlin