Noah's Flood...

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

so thatmena's darwin's books are out of date and are of no real value any more?

The main difference being that researchers are improving Darwin's theory every day, or so it seems from the research being published.

Meanwhile, you precious bible is more and more discounted.

Soon it will be relegated to the dustbin of history for all but the most blind.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

but i am looking at the evidence he uncovers as the rest of the paragraph goes;

"in the gulf of cambay off the state of gujarat on india's west coast, possible evidence of extensive human habitation along what once was a river has been discovered 130 feet underwater."
yes hes claiming that the great flood is based on a story from India
notthat there was ever a great flood
for our own reasons i expect we both think he is talking out of his ass and out of his depth (pun intended) on that one eh
:lol:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms. ... sid=782649
VADODARA: In an underwater exploration in the Gulf of Cambay, National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) scientists discovered almost 9,500-year-old bricks made of clay and straw.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

that was later completely debunked
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Really?

http://www.newindpress.com/Sunday/sunda ... ns&rLink=0
What was found in the Gulf? Several rectangular to round pieces made of rock and mortar with perfectly shaped holes (some rectangular), obviously man-made; stone cylindrical rods with vertical holes, probably used as necklaces (as in Harappa); rolled rods and well-turned cylindrical rock pieces; fused rock articles; thin triangular and round rock pieces; chert blades, cut into long flat pieces; macro tools resembling axes, stone blades, choppers, chisel, etc. and micro tools made of basalt, chalcedony and chert, besides a pestle and fish hook; ladle-shaped objects made of agate or steatite; semi-precious stones and beads made of opal, agate, carnelian, steatite, quartz, malachite, and topaz; potsherds, including sun-dried gray and kiln-baked red.

Did anyone tell the Indians?

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/BadrinaryanB1.php
it turned out to be wishful thinking
even Hancock dropped it before it bought him into disrepute
and thats saying something
:)
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

:?:
So, from the foregoing it is very evident the prehistoric civilization that matured and developed in the present day Gulf of Cambay was the forerunner and model to the subsequent advanced Harrapan civilization known to history. This wonderful twin prehistoric metropolis of Cambay lasted from about 13000 BP to about 3000 BP making it the most ancient and largest city civilization not only in Asia but in the entire world. It is seen to be at least 7500 years older than the oldest Mesopotamian city civilization. However strong evidence supports the presence of humans from at least 31000 BP who were evolving and developing and formed a great hitherto unknown civilization that were submerged by the flood, giving credence to local and global flood myths.

I don't know. Maybe "debunking" means something different on your side of the pond?

-- George Carlin
marduk

Post by marduk »

they found some broken up old tools and ornaments
allegedly a clay and reed brick (havent heard that one before)
and some side scan sonar of what apeared to be mounds of something on the sea floor

from that they got a lost civilisation that lasted from 13,000 - 3000 bce that doesnt appear in any text anywhere and a whole civilisation that grew from it which also is unsupported by any other evidence whatsoever

the dates for the tools were later to be found to be unsupported by the regular dating labs and side scan sonar is not an effective tool for finding underwater buildings. Its not even effective for finding submarines and thats what it was originally designed for. :lol:
add to that the fact that the gulf Cambay is the end journey of some of the largest rivers in a country that traditionally uses rivers to dispose of broken rubbish and even broken relatives and what did they actually find ?

if you read the official crap about it it seems like solid evidence
if you contact NIOT and ask to speak to Badrinaryan Badrinaryan they at first never heard of him and then someone points out
"oh hey wait a minute, wasn't he that psuedo friend of Graham Hancocks"

he got busted
so did the civilisation of Cambay
note in the article posted first it said
"NIOT’s discovery would have also, probably, died a similar death if the Minister of Ocean Development, and Human Resource Development, Dr Murli Manohar Joshi, had not chosen to announce it publicly. Immediately, there was a chorus of voices clamouring that it should have been first presented as a scientific paper. That would have been an excellent way to destroy the story. Why should the rest of India not learn about these discoveries? They belong as much to the cart puller as to the scientist and archaeologist. "
what do you think the Minister of Ocean Development, and Human Resource Development is responsible for doing ?

sure thats the way to go forward
when the official group says theres fuck all there why not do a press release saying theres a civilisation that lasted from 13,000 - 3000bce
can't hurt the tourist trade can it
:lol:
know what i mean
also you must have noticed the excessive use of "resembling" and "appears to be "
when was the last time you heard someone say something like that
Guy called Osmaganic iirc
:roll:
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link which actually debunks the find. That first one certainly did not.

-- George Carlin

Post by Guest »

Immediately, there was a chorus of voices clamouring that it should have been first presented as a scientific paper. That would have been an excellent way to destroy the story. Why should the rest of India not learn about these discoveries? They belong as much to the cart puller as to the scientist and archaeologist.
i think this is a very good point and observation. too many discoveries are kept under wraps (e.g. the dead sea scrolls) for too long and people do not get the full benefit of what archaeologists are doing.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I'll wait for marduk's reply but I think it is a little more insidious than that, arch.

Just for fun, I will PM you something to tuck away for later.

This is non-biblical so we don't have to fight about it. :wink:

-- George Carlin
DougWeller

Post by DougWeller »

I'll try to find something later today.

The dating itself was done on a piece of wood which as it would have drifted there on the river current can't be associated with anything at all. The outlines seen look Harappan.
Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com
Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

Post by Guest »

Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link which actually debunks the find. That first one certainly did not.
yes, i would like some links or references to your points, also please.

even psuedo archaeology comes across evidence often overlooked or found in areas never searched by mainstream experts.
developed in the present day Gulf of Cambay was the forerunner and model to the subsequent advanced Harrapan civilization known to history
that would be difficult if they pre-date the flood.
However strong evidence supports the presence of humans from at least 31000 BP who were evolving and developing and formed a great hitherto unknown civilization that were submerged by the flood, giving credence to local and global flood myths.
i would challenge the date of 31000 (BP???) since everything lies under water, i am sure the corruption has altered the dating accurracy and made the time fram larger than real time.
This is non-biblical so we don't have to fight about it
i actually find this interesting and am not looking for a fight.
Essan

Post by Essan »

So Arch, seems to me your evidence for a global flood which covered the entire globe is that sea levels rose as the ice sheets from the last glacial melted around 18-8kya. Since those sea levels have not fallen, then presumably the world is still experiencing Noah's Flood?

Do you have any evidence for a global flood which is not currently underwater or is identical to river/glacial flood deposits?

In other words, as I keep asking, you you have any evidence which can not be readily and better explained by known geological processes? There must be something?

Perhaps there's evidence in the Antarctic Ice Cores? ;)
marduk

Post by marduk »