Hatshepsut

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Forum Monk wrote:
Windows Media Player Classic plays VOB and MOV files, find it online as a free download. It takes less time to download and install than convert a huge file.
Converting the 740MB .VOB file to a .mov resulted in a 183MB file. That file plays on my Mac, but the image is horizontally distorted (stretched) and has no sound...

Can't find a "Windows Media Player Classic" for MacOSX, nor for MacOS 9, either....

So this route isn't very productive.

Doesn't your video editor app allow you to "Save As..." something other than .VOB, Min?
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Sorry, R/S, forgot you had a Mac.

I think its possible to burn to DVD and then play it. I'll dig into it a little. If you can't burn DVD its a moot point anyway.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

R/S, check out this forum, talking about your problem with suggested solutions.

http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showtopic=82783
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Doesn't your video editor app allow you to "Save As..." something other than .VOB, Min?
Apparently not.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Forum Monk wrote:R/S, check out this forum, talking about your problem with suggested solutions.

http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showtopic=82783
Thanks, Monk . . . I guess!
The last post on that thread is over 4 years old . . . !
And none of the suggestions there work for the other punters, nor for me. So what was your point in posting it?
I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and finally replace my iMacs with new dual or quad core ones that run Windows too (AARGHH).
Well, at least iMacs can do that! (Side-by-side with MacOSX)!

BTW, Min, Hashepsut 2 downloaded – raced – at 400-500 KB/s! Got it in now.
Now all I have to do is find a way to view it . . .
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

Well, again, I apologize. I researched it all of five minutes and not being familiar with Macs thought I helped. Oh well. Serves me right for trying to address a problem I know nothing about.
"Hi, I'm a Mac."
"I'm a PC and I play VOB files."
"So, I can download music at 99 cents a pop."
Rokcet Scientist

Don't get me wrong: I appreciate your initiative, Monk! It simply didn't work this time.
Forum Monk

Post by Forum Monk »

I'm not taking it badly, R/S. I like to help out on technical issues when I can but frankly I've had little time to deal with my own issues the last month or so, let alone another's.