Homo Erectus in North America.

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

fossiltrader

Homo Erectus in North America.

Post by fossiltrader »

My reply to the title Homo Erectus In North America dont hold your breath a nice idea but just that an idea another one of the many attempts to (prove) North America has a history compatable with other continents get over it guys. Fossil.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That's why people are out there looking. HE will never be found by people who think it is impossible.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Well he made it to the door step FT, why stay out side?
T Rex didn't exist till it was found.
'Seek and thou shalt find'.
Cognito

HE

Post by Cognito »

F/T, you must have planted this bone just to tease us:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/print/1,1442, ... 98,00.html
Natural selection favors the paranoid
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

That primitive brow ridge from Lake Chapala "is in a category by itself," Bonnichsen said.

Thus, let us forget about it.

So Sayeth The Club!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

It is so strange — and so out of context
Sometimes the rubbish is amusing, sometimes it just rubbish!
It's out of context because the subject died at an inconvenient spot, oh what rotten luck old chap!
The first HSN finds were out of context simply because they weren't expected, hardly HSN's fault surely?
If someone recovers an alien space ship somebody will complain it's a one off and therefore out of context!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

If someone recovers an alien space ship somebody will complain it's a one off and therefore out of context!

YOu want to know how many times the late, unlamented, Arch said of paleontologists: "They've got ONE FOSSIL! How can they made decisions based on ONE FOSSIL."

Then, when you point out that there have been more fossils found of, say, Australopithicus Afarensis (Lucy) he'll go "So they've got TWO fossils!!!! So what?"

Meanwhile, of course, he has nothing.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Lile I said Min, sometimes rubbish is amusing.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Amen to that, Dig.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

I understand he's gone completely underground, off the radar, after he managed to gain total incredulity into his positions even over at CF . . .
That's an achievement you must admire!

8)

Probably writing a new book!
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Yep, R/S. When even other Fundies think you're nuts it really is time to give it up.

-- George Carlin
fossiltrader

Reply to evidence.

Post by fossiltrader »

What evidence ??????lol
Christian archaeologists searched for years to find proof of the existance of any of the patriachs they failed.
Maybe they should have tried North america ???????
Possible PHD thesis there how the patriachs came over with the Erectus?possibly by space ship?lol
Digit

Post by Digit »

About HE FT. You could of course be absolutely correct, but one thing I've learnt in life is never to back yourself into a corner. You might be wrong.
One thing about the whole debate that bothers me is this, the stone technology of northern Asia/Mongolia is based on the flake, so was south America.
North American tools seem to use the European style, there seems to be a contradiction here.
As I understand it HE was not a flake user, the HE sites in China are not producing flakes.
The flake tools in northern Asia seem to be an HSS development, if this is correct how do you explain the obvious discrepancies if you remove HE from the equation?
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Minimalist wrote:Yep, R/S. When even other Fundies think you're nuts it really is time to give it up.
Or maybe he simply was picked up again by the guys in the white coats and had to go back to the institution?
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

I don't know, whatever you or I might regard as Arch's shortcomings, he was a raging liberal in comparison to some of the other CFs we've had round here, the sort who posted comments like "Ha Ha You're going to Hell and I'm not" and at least he managed to keep his bible out of the subject about 25% of the time. I don't know - maybe I'm not thinking straight but it just seems a bit lonely round here at the moment.