Americas education?

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Modern education systems were designed back before birth control when they assumed that kids learned important lessons in the home fighting for their share with a lotta other kids.

but now, with only 1 or 2 in the home, they are trying to teach spoiled brats.
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yeah DB, have seen the results of China's one child policy? The little spoiled brats are referred to as 'little emperors.'
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I always wondered about the long range social implications of that one.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Hey, Dig....I have a feeling you will love this one!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/ ... ed=science
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I have a feeling you will love this one!
More than you know Min. The university of Bedfordshire is my old uni! :oops:
As regards the Blairs their best magic was their vanishing trick.
I hear he's trying to sucker American publishers into coughing up £8 million for his life story, if they fall for that then people really are bloody stupid. It was always reckoned over here that you could always tell when he was lying, his mouth moved!
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

It was always reckoned over here that you could always tell when he was lying, his mouth moved!

Hey, we say the same thing about Bush! Two of a kind.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

I can just see 'em, facing each with silly grins on their faces lying like mad to each other.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

<Yeah DB, have seen the results of China's one child policy? The little spoiled brats are referred to as 'little emperors.'>

It'd be interesting to know how the Mosou of SW China are doing. They are somewhat infamous- matriarchic without marriage as we know it. The women are free to engage in sex with any man that strikes their fancy at any time.

But the kids all stay in the communal house with the grandmothers. So- even if a mother has only 1, she's not that big a part of a kid's life.

Naturally, there are lotsa young men who want to move in; but last I read, what was new, was that young women were wanting to, and there was some ambiguity as to whether what they really wanted was to offer sexual services.

In any case, it looks like a very promising business model, yet at the same time, provides the peer pressure and competition kids'll need to compete in the global market. I've mentioned this several times, but have yet to get any feedback from any women.
Leona Conner

Post by Leona Conner »

I knew China wasn't all bad. We need that over here. Especially since you men get old so much faster than we women. :P
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

We do?

-- George Carlin
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

<I knew China wasn't all bad. We need that over here. Especially since you men get old so much faster than we women. >
I dunno if this is progress or not, but I've been posting about communal life run by women in ancient times for years, and this is the first time I can recall where a woman noticed.

Its only been this year that I found out about the Mosou, which- so far as I can tell, organize life in such a similar way as the ancient matriarchies did.

I am also somewhat bemused that women have not just looked at their own situation dispassionately to work this out from scratch.

Last winter, I came across an artical in Atlantic about some new genres of women's novels besides the classic romance nonsense. They mention the success stories, where a young woman finds the right college, gets the right degree, then set out to find the perfect... job.

Another story line are the 'revenge' books about getting back at some man after being dumped for a trophy bimbo. And a 3rd about the situation so many career women who found the perfect job are then dissatisfied with the available men. the ones they'd like are already married to an airhead who didnt wait for her education. And being the 2nd wife, having to share a life with the kids he already had aint so swift either. Even worse, learning what a thankless task it is to raise the stepchildren of an airhead.

i know personally some who're raising kids without the father, sometimes in a 'lesbian' relationship, if, for no other reason, to share the cost of a home and the burdens of childcare. But I'm sure the cost of living/capita would be dramatically reduced in some kind of communal household with more women, and like the Mosou, using male lovers for what they are good for without also limiting their choices to those who have other skills.

Reportedly, the Mosou also have male mentors in the house. I have no info on what the sexual arrangements, if any are. I know that I'd rather live alone, which I do, than with women I'd never have sex with.

But given the demographics, it certainly makes sense for women to prefer close emotional ties with other women who'll be there later in life. I read that is the case with many widows.

If we consider the village/tribal lifestyle, we can see that there wasnt any expectation of the 'perfect mate' since there were so few to choose from, and that given the life expectancy, it didnt make sense to invest that much emotional energy in any one other individual.

Part of what I pick up on with the media hype about the nuclear family, is how it reduces the number of people one can rely on in one's personal life to the absolute minimum, and thereby makes them more dependent on the corporate culture to meet their needs.

I contrast this with one rural family I know, the grandmother, her grown daughters, & grandchildren. The kids all go to the same school, & see each other often enuf to build a sense of sibling relationships. This will pay off in terms of mutual support and a wider view of economic opportunity.

But perhaps worrisome, is that the 4 daughters, all of whom work in social and health services, have produced but one granddaughter among them. The grandmother is already 69, still working full time cause nobody can be found to replace her.

This, on a national scale, is why the caseloads are going thru the roof. This, on a historical scale, is why the matriarchies almost all disappeared. They always kept their populations within the limits of what the local ecosystem could support, and were all overrun by hordes of warriors.
Digit

Post by Digit »

We should never have let women free from the kitchen sink, always knew this would cause trouble! :(
War Arrow

Post by War Arrow »

Digit wrote:We should never have let women free from the kitchen sink, always knew this would cause trouble! :(
Quite agree. No woman should be chained to the kitchen sink. The chain should at least be long enough so as to allow her to reach the dining area where she may serve her menfolk.

I'm joking, for God's sake! Joking!
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

<We should never have let women free from the kitchen sink, always knew this would cause trouble! >
Its not upta us. Most of us & our sons are not going to remain in the gene pool. The last time we saw the like was when the horse was domesticated, and all of a sudden women found they could ride faster than any warrior chasing them.Women ruled the Steppes for thousands of years until the Mongols developed breeds of smaller men, larger horses, the saddle, & the stirrup.

All other things being equal, the power of the pussy puts women on top. The only thing keeping men in power is social inertia.

The power of the Almighty Dollar will result in the professional class of white women paying non-white nannies to not only raise their children, but carry them in the womb with in vitro. Powerful women will do what powerful men have always done. Have harems of brood mares. Specializing in Trophy blondes as long as the supply of rich leches will support it. Each will, as we already see, inhert his economic empire.

White supremacists will come to regret getting white supreme women taking over the world.
kbs2244

Post by kbs2244 »

We will?