Wharram Percy's mysterious round skulls

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Roberto

Post by Roberto »

Appears to be a prime example of what happens if you eat too much mutten. Over a generation or two, the round, mutten head evolves.
I knew those cattle ranchers in the 1800's out west hated sheep rancher's for more than just raising sheep. It was that round, mutten head! Too much mutten in the daily diet! :wink:
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

More to the point perhaps are the memes in the public mind. Civilizations are built around sets of ideas. Economic and ecologic problems impinge on the delusions and lead to revolution.

Americans have lied to themselves before, but they've been lucky, and other nations have had even more corrupt deceitful systems. And like Constantinople, unprofitable provinces can be shed while the byzantine way things are down goes on in town for centuries.

But if weather changes the ruin crops, then some new army will be at the gates, and you do not want to be seen as among the supporters of the old order. Its a tough call. Group think studies suggest that 10-15% dont buy into the bullshit. and that seems to be the number now who question 911.

That's enuf people that the issue is not going to die away. Its enuf people that the system simply cannot afford to lock them all up or force them to sit down and shut up. Its enuf to sell books and build careers. And its enuf to form the base of a revolution if the current powers that be fuck up.

Then, the purges in the professions of all those who supported the 911 report will begin, and the most critical will be advanced to high office. It all depends on whether the economy continues rolling along despite all the questions about infrastructure and fundamentals.
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I don't believe any of that 9-11 conspiracy stuff. As Bill Maher says, "the government can't run a conspiracy. The government can't deliver the mail."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 27842.html
Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media. Blurry photos, quotes taken out of context and sketchy eyewitness accounts have inspired a slew of elaborate theories: The Pentagon was struck by a missile; the World Trade Center was razed by demolition-style bombs; Flight 93 was shot down by a mysterious white jet. As outlandish as these claims may sound, they are increasingly accepted abroad and among extremists here in the United States.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

In the end, we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate. Only by confronting such poisonous claims with irrefutable facts can we understand what really happened on a day that is forever seared into world history.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

"the government can't run a conspiracy. The government can't deliver the mail."
Sad, but true.
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Bill Maher is a very funny guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKvOyyqKaZ0
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Did I say that the government was behind 911? Are they the only massive power base on the island of Manhattan?

Under Communism, the government owns the Business.
Under Captalism, Wall Street owns the government. And they are not all that interested in having a well organized power base to compete with.

No, I make no assumptions about 911. But based on the *evidence* -
http://www.911myths.com/assets/images/molten_steel.jpg
we can see something heated the steel a lot hotter than you can with Jet fuel.

One thing at a time. OK? That is the essence of logic. Start with whatever fact you can agree on, and in this case, the photographic evidence- given us by a website trying to support the official 911 report, is certainly trustworthy.

I mean, it'd be one thing if some of the myth sites put this up, but this is up for our examination by *MYTHBUSTERS!* Do you think they are lying?

I not putting forth a conspiracy theory. All I am saying, is that we have been lied to. That does not prove what the truth is.

What you do with this is your problem, but I hardly think I am the only dude on the planet who's seen this photo who's worked with hot metal. And if I was a citizen of a foreign nation, I'd show this to my banker, and tell him to get my money out of the USA.

No- you dont havta convince me that the official report on 911 is correct. What I think does not matter. You havta convince the foreign holders of dollar denominated assets. Or- figure out what they will do when they realize that the official 911 report is deceitful.
FreeThinker

Molten Steel

Post by FreeThinker »

As someone who has done my share of blacksmithing I can attest that steel does not have to be close to its melting point (steel needs to be over 1500 degrees F. to melt) to be soft enough to weaken and deform. I can conceive of a situation where structural steel elements heated by burning jet fuel, office furniture, and other combustables, fanned by a draft and under the heavy load of the upper floors of the WTC bearing down on them, could weaken to the point of failure and then the building would collapse all the way to the ground. I have seen a much smaller building that had a similar pancaking collapse - and no fire at all. To me, the mysteries around the 911 attacks have more to do with what led up to the attacks and the reaction to them than how the buildings collapsed.

BTW, one of the leading financiers of the so called 911 Truth movement is none other than Saudi billionaire arms-dealer and Iran-Contra middleman Adnan Khashoggi. The question I ask myself is why would a shady billionaire Saudi arms-dealer be bankrolling a movement that claims that 911 was an inside job?
Science: the PROOF shall set you free
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

I agree with all that Freethinker, but it still dont explain why this steel is this hot. *SOMETHING* else, besides jet fuel, was going on.

If the government cant maintain the bridges, handle hurricanes, or control the borders, it begs the question of whether the 911 investigation was handled properly.

Back in the days of newspapers, editors had more time to decide what would go on the front page, and everyone knew there were the back pages. But now, deadlines are minutes away, and CNN dont *have* a back page. There was a rush to judgement. Nobody in the media or congress wants to admit that it made them fuck up.

Group think set the mind frame, but as the studies on it show, there are always 10-15% who will, in fact, believe their own eyes, not delude themselves, but in most cases, not argue with the majority. Those few who will, are themselves somewhat unbalanced, unable to realize how intractable group think is with the majority.

It takes a whacko to stand up and say the emperor has no clothes. When you realize what the mass delusions are, you can manipulate and exploit them, and laff all the way to the bank. So- there is an ongoing transfer of assets and cash from the US to other rapidly developing economies.

Some foreigners have figured this out. When those with the power of the Chinese propaganda machine sit across the table in trade negotiations, they know every offer they make will be accepted.

If a large number of Americans loose their homes in the mortgage crisis, they will wake up to reality, and look for someone to blame. The deceit around 911 is a convenient excuse to hide their own folly. It does not matter what the real causes of 911 were, only that they can point to photos like this and say they were lied to.

If there are significant economic difficulties before the 08 election, it will provide an opportunity for an *independent* candidate, and indeed a whole new national party, to emerge & replace the GOP. If not, the GOP may be able to shed the hyprcritical Christian sexual perverts from its ranks, and return to being the party of Goldwater, not the Christian fundies.

And this whole 911 thing will slide under the rug with the sinking of the Maine, the assassination of JFK, and the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. If you can think outside the 911 group mind, then you'll be in a better position to evaluate real estate & investments.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/news/Wh ... 3151971.jp

NEW research based on digs at a deserted medieval village near Sledmere have cast doubts over the evolution of the human skull in medieval times.
Findings based on hundreds of skeletons recovered from Wharram Percy, which have been documented in a new book, have shown heads becoming rounder, rather than longer and narrower, between the 11th and 13th centuries.

Past explanations for the change had focused on immigration introducing different characteristics. But Simon Mays, human skeletal biologist for English Heritage, said the work questioned that view.
Another article on the skulls, in our news section.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Any evidence on what neonate skulls were like?

I can see how a harder headed warrior would survive battle, but then the woman trying to bear his son dies trying. The maternal death rate in Europe has always been high, and this business of skull shape could have a lot to do with that.