2005 Stony Brook Symposium

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

ravenwing5910

2005 Stony Brook Symposium

Post by ravenwing5910 »

Video of the Symposium on Human Evolution at the Stony Brook University in New York. I have watched these several times and just thought some of you may find them interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... k%22&hl=en
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I listened to the first 5 minutes. It sounds like it's likely to be pretty interesting.. Since it lasts an hour and 23 minutes I'll have to wait to hear it all. Probably in the morning. Thanks RW.
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

I used to live a dozen miles from Stony Brook U.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The nearest I've ever been to it was attending a wedding on Staten Island. A Greek wedding no less - what a reception!
Digit

Post by Digit »

what a reception!
You should try a Jewish one Beag! They tell me the last one I attended was great. I can't remember! :lol:
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I've never been to a Jewish wedding/reception. Sounds like fun, but I don't know those dances. I would probably think I did after a few drinks though. :wink: