Forbidden Archeology

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

For some reason...can't imagine what.... I figured this would be your breakfast food!
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Naaaah.

Strictly homeopathic prozac!

And sometimes tea.
[/img]
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

How many Amish kids do you spoze get their breakfast from a brightly colored box of sugar shit like that? And how many then grow up to be addicts?

But heaven forbid that we should interfere with the profits of corporations.
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

daybrown wrote:How many Amish kids do you spoze get their breakfast from a brightly colored box of sugar shit like that? And how many then grow up to be addicts?

But heaven forbid that we should interfere with the profits of corporations.
Worse: society at large allows the Amish – and other fundies – to bring up their children to become a new generation of misfits, with all associated problems.
And cost!
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

I'm not nominating the Amish for sainthood. There are similar numbers in my own neck of Ozark woods, which is still farm families rather than agribusiness.

A related phenomena is seen in the modern military which wants competent people far more than canon fodder. Thus Robert Kaplan, "Imperial Grunts" reports that half the Green Berets grew up on family farms. This is but 1% of the total population providing 50% of the nation's most competent soldiers. You'd think the Pentagon would notice, but they raise their kids on the same kind of sugar shit indicated by the brightly colored box in this thread.

The Amish have some inbreeding problems, and the Ozark farm country is 99% white, so sorting out the genetic factors is problematic. But common. Hominids did not evolve on a diet of junkfood, sugar cereal, and soda.

We'll see, one of the effects on young women who become wiccan, is that they begin to study herbs and organic gardening as a way to reconnect with Native European spirituality. When they choose to have kids, those kids will have far lower rates of consumption of junk, and we'll get to see how they do in school.
Any god watching me hasta be bored, and needs to get a life.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The only genetic disease that occurs disproportionately in the Amish is Cystic Fibrosis I think. It apparently came with them from the Old Country. If there are others I'm unaware of them.