Herod's Quarry Found

Random older topics of discussion

Moderators: MichelleH, Minimalist, JPeters

Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Herod's Quarry Found

Post by Minimalist »

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/science/anthro ... NlYwNmYw--
JERUSALEM - Israeli archaeologists said they have discovered a quarry that provided King Herod with the stones he used to renovate the biblical Second Temple compound — offering rare insight into construction of the holiest site in Judaism.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Digit

Post by Digit »

Let me guess, someone found an inscription that stated-HEROD WAS HERE!
First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Even better...coins from that time period.
Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed.

-- George Carlin
Rokcet Scientist

Post by Rokcet Scientist »

Photos? Links?
john

Post by john »

Minimalist wrote:Even better...coins from that time period.

Better yet, given the coins.

"Herod slept here."

Didn't know his first name was George.

john
"Man is a marvellous curiosity. When he is at his very, very best he is sort of a low-grade nickel-plated angel; at his worst he is unspeakable, unimaginable; and first and last and all the time he is a sarcasm."

Mark Twain
Minimalist
Forum Moderator

Post by Minimalist »

Rokcet Scientist wrote:Photos? Links?

Click on the headline and it gives an expanded story. Click on the "Slideshow" and it has some photos of the area.

-- George Carlin